When I delete a podcast it skips to the next series

I just bought a Sansa Clip Zip.  Now I see that it is different from the Sansa Clip, which I had previously. I listen to a lot of podcasts, and I usually down multiple podcasts from several different sites.  Once I’ve finished a podcast, I delete it immediately, so I won’t listen to it again.  On my Sansa Clip I would delete a podcast and it would immediately go to the next podcast in the series.  Now that I have a Sansa Clip Zip, it doesn’t work that way.  I delete a podcast and it skips to the next series.  Then I have to go back to the previous series and find the oldest one.  This does not work well while I’m walking my dog, working out at the gym or driving.  I tried changing the podcast settings to Ch mode and it didn’t make a difference.  Is this something I’m just going to have to live with?  Is it a feature of the Clip Zip?  I didn’t even notice it was a different model when I bought it - I just picked up what was at Best Buy.  I thought it was an updated version of the Clip.  Now I wish I had bought another Clip online.

I have seen this glitch on the Clip Zip, (Deleting a podcast after listening, it jumps to another folder or series.)

You’re right, the Clip Plus handles this operation better (I have both devices and swap between them.)  The little Zip also likes to drop the active podcast / book logo from the main menu, a glitch that really rubs my hair the wrong way.

For podcasts, I have found that it’s easier to manage them via the computer, deleting the old ones as you go. I let the player run through them to the end, then pull the old files after sending over a new set for listening.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey Bob,

You mean you leave the podcasts you’ve already listened to on the Clip until the next time you plug it into your computer? And then you delete them?  I have 100s and 100s of podcasts on my (various) Clips – and I would have no way to remembering which I’ve listened to and which were still to be heard. I always delete each podcast at the end.  I just bought a Clip Zip – which I am now thinking may have been a huge mistake! 

Then simply do what you have been doing–delete the podcast, on the player, after you’ve listened to it.  Is there some issue with that–why are you posting here?