UK Availability? Plus, what the overall opinion?

Does anyone know when the Zip will be available in the UK? Also, what’s the general opinion of the Zip? My preference is the Clip Zip over the Clip+ due to the AAC codec compatibilty as I’ve got a hard drive full of AAC files. I’m alamost thinking of importing one!

I think I saw someone post that the poster heard of a September date for the UK and the Clip Zip. As to opinions on the device, positive–but see the raftful of professional and user reviews linked to in the reviews sticky thread at the top of this forum–probably more info. than you would like! :slight_smile:

Hello,

I would like to know if there was more infos on the coming of the sansa zip in France ? I couldn’t find anything about it, just “coming soon” in the press room.

thanks very much

Thanks for the reply.
Frenchie23 - hopefully very soon for the both of us! I’m going to Thailand in 7 weeks so it would be nice to have one for the plane journey, 11-12 hours on a plane with nothing to do is like a prison sentence! That said I could get one out there…

@longi wrote:
Thanks for the reply.
Frenchie23 - hopefully very soon for the both of us! I’m going to Thailand in 7 weeks so it would be nice to have one for the plane journey, 11-12 hours on a plane with nothing to do is like a prison sentence! That said I could get one out there…

I wouldn’t recommend that. It can be a nightmare if anything goes wrong with it after you get back home and you have to get a warranty replacement.

When you look at the language options, do you see “french” ? I wonder if there is a software common or different to Europe. ?

@frenchie23 wrote:

When you look at the language options, do you see “french” ? I wonder if there is a software common or different to Europe. ?

French is the 2nd option right under English.

If you choose Europe as your ‘region’, your volume will be limited (no High setting and lower db level on Normal) due to their government’s desire to save you (and your ears) from yourself.

Ok so I could buy my sansa clip zip by amazon from USA if I can’t wait, but I’m afraid by the tax which I have to pay besides the normal price …

I didn’t know that there was a law special for the level db, thanks for the information ^^

I have an info:

August 31, 2010  SANDISK INTRODUCES THE SANSA FUZE+ MP3 PLAYER

16 septembre  2010  SANDISK PRÉSENTE LE LECTEUR MP3 SANSA FUZE+

so, 16 days between USA and France

August 24, 2011  SANDISK INTRODUCES SANSA® CLIP ZIP™ MP3 PLAYER

so the sansa clip zip would be introduce in Europe on  September 7, 2011

I have found the french url page of the sansa clip zip URL

Awesome! :smiley: I can get one but it’s £94.99 which is really expensive. I’ll wait a couple of weeks untill the shops get some stock then i’ll buy one. 

On which site ?

It is anormal, £94.99 =  151.80 dollars !!!

finaly I will take a clip+, boring to wait :confused: