The backlight function black screen doesnt go on again, no matter what.

Hi.

I just bought a Refurb " Sansa Clip Zip MP3 Player FM Radio Voice Recorder".

Version VO1.01.21A

MEMORY 3744MB

Everything works fine except for the backlight function. 

When the screen goes black after few seconds, I cant make it go on again no matter what. The volume, the stop, play and the change song buttons are working but the screen remains black and the only solution is to reset, but the same problem happens again.
Regards
John.

Next time buy a new player and not a refurbished one.

Another idea perhaps?

A few suggestions:

–  You might go into the player’s Settings and then the Backlight screen, and try setting the screen for a longer period and see if that helps.

–  You might try manually reapplying the latest firmware (see the firmware sticky thread at the top of the forum)–the firmware could have developed a glitch.

If that doesn’t help, you might want to go back to the seller and seek a replacement, as the player may be defective.

Thank you Miikerman.

— I did allready like you said but even after the maximum length of time if the screen goes black, then there is no way to make it go on again. I think it only happened one time with the radio function but I am not sure now. The characteristic was that after pressing the two buttons for the reset the screen goes on for shut off, but the shut off video is no more in focus and everything is blurring until the shut off.

— I thought that the  Vo1.01.21A version was the last one.

Neverthelesss I sent it back today hoping that the next one will be good.

Thank you again.

Hopefully, the replacement is just fine.  Good luck!

For the future:  even if you have the latest firmware, manually reapplying the firmware sometimes can help–a firmware or software can develop glitches over time, and manually reapplying the firmware can help in that regard.