The Screen doesnt show any letters or numers at all

So all of a sudden I turn the Clip on and the screen is powered but I can’t see anything beside the background. I have thought about formating the device or updating the firmware, but I’m scared that I break it because so far it works fine, but I dont know what song Im listening to, I have to go blind.

I have tried several times to do the thing of pressind down the power button for 20 seconds to reset it but I doesnt do anything.

Manually reinstall the latest firmware.

I cannot be done with the automatic updater?

@bonham86 wrote:

I cannot be done with the automatic updater?

No.

I am having the same issue (I think), how might one install firmware if the device is not recognized by a computer? Thanks!

Did you try connecting the player while holding down the center button?

I have the same problem.

after the last recharge the screen become totally green when i turn on or off the mp3  and after 2-3 minutes starts the music and shows the number/letters.

Sansa updater told me that there are no firmware updates.

I would try manually reapplying the latest firmware.  Easy to do–see the firmware sticky thread at the top of this board for the download and instructions.

I would try manually reapplying the latest firmware–glitches can occur over time, and it can’t hurt.  Easy to do–see the firmware sticky thread at the top of this board for the download and instructions.