Songs won't play in correct order. And I cannot rename the songs

@reddog694 wrote:

I have the same problem, there is an alternative method to access your tracks but it is not perfect. Goto folder option, click into it, select int or ext memory, select music, tracks should list in order, but you don’t get complete info on track before you select to play it. iPod doesn’t have these issues, i hate to say it but the firmware on the sansa is trash when it comes to navigating a large collection of music. These issues will have to be addressed before the users wishing to get away from iPod end up moving along to mp3 players that are anything but sandisk. This would be a shame as i believe sandisk have a potentially massive selling piece of gear if they can just sort out the software. The sansa models have the potential to wipe out iPod totally if they just get the formula right.

With my ID3 tags filled in correctly, I don’t have any issue whatsoever in navigating my large collection of music on my Clip, Clip+ or Clip Zip players; or in using the separate Folder navigation method.  It’s the tags that are key, plus a few “tricks” (such as using leading zeros for track numbers at the start in file names).

At any rate, sadly, it seems that companies are paying less attention (if any) to their digital audio players, with some notable exceptions, e.g. Sony.  ???.  Apple seemingly hasn’t done anything with its line in years.  I still have a pipedream for an Uber Clip player from SanDisk, as a commemoration of the Clip line . . . .