Some iTUNES songs don't appear in my Directory; others are there.

Anyone know how to get them ALL to show up ON THE PLAYER so I can hear them??   On System Settings, under “INFO” it only shows 46 songs . .  . I have Waaay more than that, probably 350 to 400 from the iTunes library I selected (and are showing in the ClipZip MUSIC folder).  Where the heck are they?   Can anyone sprinkle some fairy dust on this for me?  If not, this puppy’s going back to Best Buy for a refund!!   Ridiculous how querky this thing is!! 

When I look via a USB hook-up MSC mode, they’re ALL there; what’s up Doc??

(Vista SONY VAIO - if that helps…)

Are the tunes of a type/format that the player recognizes?  What is the format and bitrate?  Are they DRM-protected, by any chance (e.g. iTunes music from a number of years back)?

I love Windows 7 and Windows Media Player 12.  Usingg this combination, I can take the music from the iTunes library, and have a choice of three conversion routes.  If you simply “forget” that the source music files are AAC, by default, WiMP12 transfers the media with working metadata (ID3v2.3 ISO 8859-1) tags added, in MP3 format.  They will play beautifully.

As the Clip Zip does indeed understand AAC-LC format media from iTunes, if you open Windows Explorer and select the original AAC files, it will ask you if you would like to transfer AAC, or it will convert to MP3 automatically.

Check your media first if there are compatibility issues, it’s very simple.  Download and install mediainfo and it will add a cool function: if you mouse over the file in question, the media format information will display as a popup.  In addition, the information screen at the bottom (Win7) shows the metadata when a file is selected.  You can even update the ID3 tags right on the same screen view if desired.

There are two issues at play here.  If the files are on the device, and you cannot locate them via Songs / album / artist, the problem resides in the ID3 tags.  They can be found using the Folders view on the Clip Zip by their filename listing.  If the files don’t play after locating viaFolders, the media isn’t AAC-LC, or it’s protected M4P media (DRM).

iTunes can be a real pickle.  Be sure to update iTunes to the latest version while you’re at it.

Probably the single simplest trick is to transfer a few albums at a time at the most.  See if they play correctly.  Transferring a huge batch of Itunes media en masse is, quite honestly, an invitation for lots of potential issues, as it’s a real pain to locate where the problem resides.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

First make sure that the “Keep iTunes Media folder organized” option is checked in iTunes Preferences:

1. Open iTunes.
  2. Choose Edit > Preferences.
  3. Click the Advanced tab in the Preferences window.
  4. Select the “Keep iTunes Media folder organized” checkbox.

1. Click OK.

Once you’ve done that, follow the next set of steps to change your iTunes Media folder location to the new drive and then consolidate your library to the new location. This not only copies your audio and media files over, it also retains your ratings and playlists.

Note: If you move your library to an external drive, you’ll need to power up and connect the drive before starting iTunes. If you don’t, iTunes will prompt you to either locate the library or to create a new library (which will result in an empty library). No matter what, it’s always a good idea to have a backup of the media you have in iTunes.

1. Open iTunes.
  2. From the Edit menu, choose Preferences.
  3. Click the Advanced tab in the Preferences window.
  4. Click the Change button in the iTunes Media folder location pane.
  5. In the Change Media Folder Location window that appears, navigate to the location where you would like your new Media folder to be created.

1. Click the Make New Folder button in the Change Media Folder Location window.
  2. Enter the name of the new iTunes Media folder.
  3. Click OK in the Change Media Folder Location window. Click OK in the Advanced window.
  4. For iTunes 9 and 10:
    Choose File > Library > Organize Library
    For iTunes 8:
    Choose File > Library > Consolidate Library
    For iTunes 7 or earlier:
    Choose Advanced > Consolidate Library.
  5. A message will pop up.
    For iTunes 9 and 10:
    Place a check next to “Consolidate files” and click OK.
    Consolidate files checked

For iTunes 8 and earlier:
Click Consolidate.
Consolidate button

Important: This action copies all of your music and other media files to the new location. There must be enough hard disk space available to copy all of your files.

1. After the folder has been copied, locate your original iTunes Media folder, and drag it to the Recycle Bin. Important: Don’t remove the iTunes Library files that may be in the same location as the iTunes Media folder. For more information about the iTunes Library files.
  2. Quit and reopen iTunes.
  • If you receive the alert: “The folder containing “iTunes Library.itl” cannot be found and is required. Please create or choose an iTunes library,” you most likely moved the iTunes Library files. If this is the case, move them out of the Recycle Bin and back to where they were.
  • If you do not encounter the above alert when opening and closing iTunes, empty the Recycle Bin.

Thanks for the info., but:  you do realize that this thread has been dormant for more than 2-1/2 years, right?    :wink: