Screen and earphone jack

Hi guys!

I´ve just received my Zip and it´s even lighter than I thought!!

I have two questiones regarded it:

1. I have noticed like two vertical bars in the main menu. I dont know if its a visual effect or a defect…

2. I have to do a lot of effort in order to plug-in the earphones until I hear the “click”. Is this ok?

Thank you!

1. That doesn’t sound good. It could be a defect in the display screen. Do you see these lines on all screens or just the Main menu?

2. Yes, the headphone jack is pretty tighht when they’re new. It helps to seat the plug by twisting it as you push it in the last little way. This will loosen up after a few insertions and removals.

Thanks for the reply.

I only appreciate the “bars” in the main menu (music, radio, …)

They don´t appers very clear. It´s like a diffuse effect on the left and on the right.

Maybe it´s is due to a non very high quality screen…

Live with it if you want to, but . . . it will not get any better, only worse. My suggestion is to return it for another one. A year or two down the road, you’ll be kicking yourself if you don’t.

SanDisk is very good about warranty replacements, even covering the postage both ways in the U.S., and is pretty speedy about it.  

@naskar wrote:

Hi guys!

I´ve just received my Zip and it´s even lighter than I thought!!

I have two questiones regarded it:

1. I have noticed like two vertical bars in the main menu. I dont know if its a visual effect or a defect…
  1. I have to do a lot of effort in order to plug-in the earphones until I hear the “click”. Is this ok?

Thank you!

I had very similar bars in the screen when mine was new but after I updated the firmware the bars vanished, never to come back.  Try applying the latest FW (even if  it’s the same rev) and see if that doesn’t fix it.

Thank you for your replies :wink:

I think is a normal issue since I´ve seen reviews in youtube where the same effect appears.

I only appreciate it in the main menu that´s why I think it´s ok.

I´ve found a picture showing the effect.

So do you think it is a deffect??

I have the latest FW.

@naskar wrote:

Thank you for your replies :wink:

I think is a normal issue since I´ve seen reviews in youtube where the same effect appears.

I only appreciate it in the main menu that´s why I think it´s ok.

I´ve found a picture showing the effect.

So do you think it is a deffect??

I have the latest FW.

That line down the middle is a defect.  It should not do that.  Did you try to re-apply a firmware update?  I found that it fixed it in mine.  I had a bar just like that when my unit was new but re-applying the same FW update as already on the unit fixed it.

If that doesn’t fix it, get it replaced under warranty.  The screen should not do that.

Ok, mine doesn´t have the line in the middle, I only see the two “bars” in both sides I´ve marked with the red rectangle.

Those are ok or its a deffect?

Thanks again.

@naskar wrote:

Ok, mine doesn´t have the line in the middle, I only see the two “bars” in both sides I´ve marked with the red rectangle.

Those are ok or its a deffect?

Thanks again.

You mean the darker contrast areas behind the arrows?  That’s normal.  Mine does the same thing in English.  I thought you meant the lines across the screen.

The screen isn’t exactly that good in the CZ, it’s adequate at best.  It’s good for text, everything else, it’s so-so at best.  Nothing wrong with your device though if you’re talking about the darker bars.

Yes, I meant those dark bars,

Thank you!!

I guess i’ve always thought that the banding on each side was a part of the design–I kinda like it! :slight_smile: