Sansa Clip Zip black 4 GB started to freeze while booting

Hello,

I recently bought a Sansa Clip Zip 4GB.  That was yesterday.

I did the following things :

• MAde sure it was fully charged

• Booted it, found it on my computer

• Shared some maps with it with music in it

• Listened to 2-3 songs

• Put it off

• Went home and put in a Micro SD card that came from my phone (Samsung GAlaxy SIII Mini) and booted it again

• Updating database was shown

• After 40 minutes, it still showed

• Put it off using the power butten

• Put it back on.

Since then, whatever I do, whatever I try, it keeps doing this : 

• Shows the logo, it splashes over the screen and dissapears. Logo comes back, splashes all over the screen and goes back to the logo.  From there on, it stays there forever

This is the “whatever I do, whatever I try” section :

• Hold the power butten for 10-20-60 seconds -

=> it goes off, but when I boot it up - same problem

• Reset through the 10 second rule (and 20-60) and connected it to my PC 

=> same screen, no Windows recognition

• Used several USB ports

• Changed my F partition where my installed games are hosted on to W: 

• Went through the whole Windows 7 cycle of hardware differences - Computer management, device manager, disk manager …

No luck … 

The thing that might have caused a problem is that the card I was using was in my phone before I used it in the Clip.   My phone receives e-mail from work and therefore it was “coded”.   The problem started with the MicroSD card.  I tried everything above with & without the SD card, which has been formatted on a linux pc to FAT today.

@nosorc wrote:

The thing that might have caused a problem is that the card I was using was in my phone before I used it in the Clip.   My phone receives e-mail from work and therefore it was “coded”.   The problem started with the MicroSD card.  I tried everything above with & without the SD card, which has been formatted on a linux pc to FAT today.

Yes, I believe this caused all your woes. Remove the card and format the player. This will clear and optimize the memory. Then format the card again, using FAT32 this time and use it for your phone or the player, but not both. Memory cards are pretty cheap nowadays; get one for both devices and don’t mix them.

The thing is that I can’t format the player.  It’s as stuck as stuck can be.   

Went to the shop and they gave me a gift card back.  My best bet is don’t buy a new one ; )  A device that looses all its functionallity after not even 24 hours is not the best sale trick :slight_smile:

Tnx for answering!