Sansa Clip Zip Firmware 01.01.20

While I’m glad to see the playlist, memory card compatibility and RDS problems have been fixed, I’m disappointed that the track count info and total/elapsed time was not added back to the Now Playing screen. This is basic information desired by (dare I say) most, if not all users and simply should not have been removed in the 1st place.

I can’t help but think the person who made the decision to eliminate this critical information and subsequently not add it back through any of the firmware updates to this model must be a “suit” and not in touch with either the operation of the player, nor the people that use it.

Add the fact that this has been the most requested feature to bring back since the advent of the model last year, and it has not been done further disappoints me when SanDisk has in the past been very responsive to user’s feedback and requests in their firmware development. I only hope this “I know what people want; they don’t” attitude hasn’t done SanDisk irreparable harm to SanDisk’s reputation and future sales of such products.

Just my 2 cents . . . rant over.