Sansa Clip Zip Firmware 01.01.15

@gph wrote:

I an trying to use a 32GB SanDisk class 4 cards with my Clip Zip.  If I put more than 2-3GB of content on the card the player hangs on “Refreshing your media”.  The progress bar only gets to about 35% or so and then the screen goes dark and even if you wait an hour for the refresh to finish it never does.  You then have to do a hard reset to start the player again.  If you have not removed the card before you do this the whole problem starts again and you are stuck in an endless loop until you remove the card.  

I tried this on 2 different 4gb Clip Zips and had the same problem with both.  Card is essentailly useless at this point.  I have spent over four hours with SanDisk online support on this issue, but have not gotten them to take owenrship of the issue yet.  They want me to get another memory card to test.  The nerve of them!

I am using the 01.01.15 firmware and it made no difference with this problem.  It failed with the new and the old firmware.

My files are a mix of m4a and mp3 with some having data rates up to 384kbps.  The player could not handle the m4a’s with greater than 320kbps data rates.  They play fine until the screen goes dark and then they degrade to unlistenable.  These files all played fine on my iPod Shuffle.  These two issues have me disappointed in the Clip Zip so far.

I would guess there is a problem with a file. Run the checkdsk utility on your computer and scan your files if there is a corruption fix it. Every player is different so some corruptions will cause a hang on your CZ while not on an iPud. 

Something else to consider is that the card (If its new and un tested could be bad. The odds of 2 bad cards are miniscule but could happen.