SDXC card ?

Hi

Will we see a day a compatibility with SDXC cards ?

Micro SDXC card support might require new hardware. Even if it could be provided with just a firmware update, it would be of very limited use until the song limit is greatly increased. The song limit probably can’t be greatly increased(and still have a responsive player) unless the player has more ram. So I think we need to wait for a newer model to get micro SDXC card support. It is just as well, as micro SDXC cards aren’t out yet, and when they first come out they will be very expensive.  Sandisk might not seriously consider micro SDXC support for its mp3 players until the 64GB cards retail for under $100.

True, but in France sdxc will be under 100 euros before 1 year (it’s true that the dollar is not at the same level …)

Is there  a limit of number of song ? ( I have a 32 Go SDHC card and I wonder to buy a sansa clip zip 8 Go )

thanks

@jk98 wrote:

Micro SDXC card support might require new hardware**. Even if it could be provided with just a firmware update, it would be of very limited use until the song limit is greatly increased. The song limit probably can’t be greatly increased(and still have a responsive player) unless the player has more ram.** So I think we need to wait for a newer model to get micro SDXC card support. It is just as well, as micro SDXC cards aren’t out yet, and when they first come out they will be very expensive.  Sandisk might not seriously consider micro SDXC support for its mp3 players until the 64GB cards retail for under $100.

If you don’t use the database, and can live with folder browsing, then the song limit is irrelevant. I do use the database, but I’m not sure if I could even fit 8000 of my songs on a Clip Zip with a 64GB card…lol.

The song limit for the Clip+(and I assume for the Clip Zip as well) is stated as 8,000 songs, however if one has long tags or long filename paths(long filenames, or very nested files)  some have reported hitting the limit at around 5,500 songs. With a 32GB card and an 8GB player you have around 37GB of storage. If you use 128 kbps and your songs average 4 minutes each, that equals around 10,000 songs in that space, and the player can’t access all of them. If you use 192kbps and your songs average 4 minutes each, then around 7,500 songs can be stored in that space, and if your tags and filepath names aren’t large then the player can probably access all of them.  If your songs average only 3.5 minutes each, then the player might not be able to access all of them if you use 192 kbps, but may be okay if you use a higher bitrate such as 224 kbps.

One person wrote an angry post on the forum that his Clip+ couldn’t access most of the songs on the player with a 32GB card when he used 64kbps. If his songs average 4 minutes each, that means he put around 20,000 songs on the player! He couldn’t even access most of them in folder mode, as the folder mode is not true folder mode, but a recreation from the song database, so the song database limit still applies. I wish Sandisk could change this, and provide true folder browsing. When they do that, then they could add an option to disable tag browsing(and eliminate the database refresh when a card is swapped).

At 256 kbps 67GB can hold around 9,000 4 minute songs. At 192kbps 67GB can hold around 12,000 4 minute songs. With songs averaging 3 minutes, 67GB can hold around 16,000 songs at 192kbps!

Look out there JK . . . don’t be burnin’ out your calculator! :smileyvery-happy:

Url solution in French

So … we can put 2000 songs in the sansa intern memory of 8 Go and 6000 songs in the external memory of 32 Go

and it will stay 8 Go not used on the external card …