Re: SANDISK INTRODUCES SANSA® CLIP ZIP™ MP3 PLAYER

Thanks for your reply. YOU got what I saying even if your buddies here may not have. I don't see what was so confusing. Yes, I meant scans in regard to viruses and the like. Your other info helps ease my mind too. I admit I may have sounded desperate, but so are a lot of musicheads on various forums where I've sought the simple words/advice you've suddenly made clear.

I have a question that Sansa Chat could not answer. Can Sansa Zip work with 3.5 mm headphones instead of earbuds?

I think the answer is one of the following. 

1. It will but sound quality will be not as good as thru earbuds

1.a Same as above but the sound will be very quiet

2. It will with a good sound quality but it will drain battery sooner. (how soon?) 

3. Same as above but it may be harmful for Sansa.

4. It will not work. 

5. Something else.

The reason I'm asking is because I bought $100 headphones but do not want to unpack them before I know they will work with Sansa Clip Zip. 

SanDisk chat answered that they never tested Sansa Clip with headphones.

SanDisk Senior User

Yury wrote:

I have a question that Sansa Chat could not answer. Can Sansa Zip work with 3.5 mm headphones instead of earbuds?

I think the answer is one of the following. 

1. It will but sound quality will be not as good as thru earbuds

1.a Same as above but the sound will be very quiet

2. It will with a good sound quality but it will drain battery sooner. (how soon?) 

3. Same as above but it may be harmful for Sansa.

4. It will not work. 

5. Something else.

The reason I'm asking is because I bought $100 headphones but do not want to unpack them before I know they will work with Sansa Clip Zip. 

SanDisk chat answered that they never tested Sansa Clip with headphones.

#5- Something else: works wonderfully

Any 3.5mm standard jack works with the CZ.  I use Sennheiser/Adidas behind-the-neck headphones when walking/running, Klipsch S4 earphones when at work.  Both work with no problem, plenty of volume and the sound quality is vastly superior to what Sandisk supplied.  I even used my CZ with my Grado SR60i headphones, no issues driving them.

Use what you wish, just make sure they fit the 3.5mm jack.  Nearly anything sounds better than the phones Sandisk supplies.

SanDisk Guru

And note that even if a particular pair of headphones has a different sized plug (e.g. the earlier "standard" for stereos, a 1/4" plug), plug adapters are readily available, such as at Radio Shack and many other electronics stores, for just a few dollars. As a general matter, any pair of headphones or earbuds (ok, most) will work with the Clips, which have a standard mini-player headphone jack (again, if your current phones have a larger plug, a plug adapter will do them just fine for the Clips).

I have the "sansa clip zip 4 mp3 player" and it does not want to turn on even with the battery at 100%. I tried the reset, and nothing happened. Is there a clitch with this thing?
SanDisk Guru

oops wrote:
I have the "sansa clip zip 4 mp3 player" and it does not want to turn on even with the battery at 100%. I tried the reset, and nothing happened. Is there a clitch with this thing?

No. Is this new? Did you peel the protective film off of the screen?

I dunno how I found ya, but I think I'm glad I did!!  I stumbled across some 'info' you were describing to another client about how to get into 'settings'?

I am having a problem with having to 'force shut-down' of my computer when I disconnect the player from it?  Sooo, I sent an email to Sandisk and got a return one with some suggestions as to how to 'fix' this?

They mentioned changing the USB mode and I had NO idea of what they were talking about.  I just found it through one of your 'help' responses and I'm hoping this will finally take care of itself!!  Smiley Happy

SanDisk Guru

(Possible solution in my reply to your other post)

The USB Mode option is found, on the device, via Settings > System Settings > USB Mode.  The device has three options, MSC, MTP,  or Auto Detect. MSC mode is where the Sansa is recognized as a basic flash memory device. MTP mode is where the Sansa is recognized as a portable media player; this is done via Windows Media Player 10 or later, on your PC. Auto Detect will try MTP first, if supported on your PC, then it should revert to MSC.

You can see which mode is active by opening a Windows Explorer window on the computer, with the Sansa connected. If it shows up with a drive letter assigned, like E:  for example, it is in MSC. If listed as simply Sansa Clip Zip (in caps and smalls), you're in MTP.

Note that the PC performs a separate installationfor the device in each USB mode. It's possible that one of these modes has an issue. By manually selecting a mode on the device, instead of the Auto mode, you can be sure of the connection mode.

In MSC mode, right clicking on the device and selecting properties will give you several tabs with options (MTP will not, all you'll have is "properties"). Navigating to the Hardware tab, highlight the device, Properties button, then you can uninstall. Though it sounds counterintuitive, start by uninstalling, unplug, then let Windows reinstall next time the device is plugged back in.  This is the same as going to the Device Manager.

In MTP, use the Device Manager, look for the Sansa under Portable Device, same procedure.

Hope it makes sense, as Windows has so many menus, with "all roads leading to Rome."

Bob  Smiley Tongue

Highlighted

You have to change the language from Settings, system settings, then scroll down to language, from there pick your language and back out all the way thru settings. Them you can go to music or any setting you like.