Rhapsody 6 won't see my Clip Zip, but Rhap 4 did.

I have just installed the new Rhapsody 6 client. They have borrowed quite a bit from the Rhapsody App for Android, it’s a very nice interface, with a few kinks in the works for those of us who have used Rhapsody for many years.

I have learned to work with the Rhapsody 4 client for the past few years, a welcome improvement from its earlier genarations. Today, I tried clicking on the pop-up invitation to install the new R6, and I ran into a few amusing kinks in that process.

You mention that you “had to upgrade to the new version”. At least in my case, after the automated link didn’t work, I upgraded the Microsoft .NET framework and a few other items, then found a download link after poking around a bit. The installation is a “stand-alone” one that doesn’t overwrite the Rhapdosy 4 client installation or its library. Check if you still have the Rhapsody 4 client on your desktop.

I have two Rhapsody shortcuts on the desktop, and yes, they both had the same new stylized Rhapsody icon. I renamed the new one “Rhapsody 6”. The shortcut under the Win7 Start Menu still loads the old Rhapsody 4 client, at least it does on my machine.

Check that your device is still communicating in MTP Mode, especially if you are using it with Rhapsody subscription tracks.

If I get a free moment here, I’ll try switching the device to MSC and will see how it goes. You can only transfer non-protected or purchased tracks in this mode.

Bob