Removing the clip on a Clip Zip?

Does anyone have any advice on the best way to remove the clip on the Clip Zip without damaging the rest of the device? I note that unlike the earlier Sansa Clip models, the clip doesn’t look as if it was designed to be removable.

I’m looking both to reduce the size of the device a little and also attach dual lock to the back to attach to a headphone amp. The clip makes it a little high for this to be useful and still pocket sized.

It’s actually possible! If you look at the hinge you can see the ends of a small metal rod. Find something about the same size or smaller and you can apply some force with. Coming from the headphone jack side, push the rod out the other side. This will leave you with the rod, clip, and small spring. If you need to place it back togther just lay the spring and clip on and push the rod back thourgh. Uploading a video now showing the process but might take a while.

Here’s a video https://goo.gl/photos/HWxWqDNYDJGNd8Zg6

@all_a_mort wrote:

Does anyone have any advice on the best way to remove the clip on the Clip Zip without damaging the rest of the device? I note that unlike the earlier Sansa Clip models, the clip doesn’t look as if it was designed to be removable.

I’m looking both to reduce the size of the device a little and also attach dual lock to the back to attach to a headphone amp. The clip makes it a little high for this to be useful and still pocket sized.