Questions About New Clip Zip

@color43 wrote:

I use my Clip+ for listening to podcasts only.

1. Are the way podcasts organized still based on the ALBUM id3 tag? I always use a custom ALBUM tag to separate the podcasts, then under each ‘album’ there will be several episodes. On the Clip+, right after selecting podcasts, you see all of the ‘albums’, then select one to see the episodes. Does it still work the same way on the Clip Zip?

1. The Clip+ had a bug regarding using the bookmarked positions in a podcast. Say you have two episodes in a certain podcast. You play the second one half way through then stop. The bookmark is recorded behind the scenes. Then you play the first one all the way through. At the end it jumps to the second episode, at your previous spot. However, the time starts counting from 00:00 instead of the bookmark position. If you just keep listening all the way to the end, it’s not a problem. The problem only occurs if you interrupt playback and a new bookmark is created. The playback starts from the bookmark, but the timer does not. When you next stop the playback, it will record the TIMER’s position, effectively losing your real playback position. Can someone with a Zip try this out and see if it’s still happening?

I can only speak to #1 as I dont bookmark podcasts. It is based on Tags so your method should work fine. The way you have outlined is exactly how it works.