Podcasts directory on player

I have Winows 7 and Sansa Clip Zip with a 32GB ext SD card and I’m flummoxed by how to add podcasts so they are organized on the player. 

The directory of the player’s files which I see using Windows Explorer is _ nothing  _like what I later see on the mp3 player’s screen.  I usually have to go on a treasure hunt to find the file I’ve just added.  It can be under Card > Albums > Podcasts > Podcasts > Unkown or _ only _ under Recently Added.   I’ve even added a series and one time and found different episodes under different places!  

I not sure if I should be dragging downloaded files directly onto the ‘Removable Disk G:’ (ext SD card) in Explorer.  Before I had the card, I don’t remember having so much trouble but I want to use it because the 4GB internal storage is full.

Is there a definitive, fail-safe method for downloading and adding podcasts to the ext SD card of the player?  

Any help appreciated.

@serenejean wrote:

The directory of the player’s files which I see using Windows Explorer is _ nothing  _like what I later see on the mp3 player’s screen. 

That’s because Explorer is reading by file name; the Clip Zip (and all other Sansa devices) read & sort by the information in the title field contained in the ID3 tag of the audio file.

You can use MP3Tag (free) to edit your podcast files or use the Folder mode on the Zip to read the same as Explorer.

Thank you, Tapeworm, for your reply which gives me leads for sorting out this frustration.

Jean