Player just won't turn on

Probably not much anyone can do. Last night I added some songs, the player was working fine, battery charged. I try to go workout and the thing won’t turn on. I plug it into a USB…still the screen won’t go on, so it can’t have to do with the battery.

Who knows, tomorrow it’ll probably turn on again. Chalk it up to just being a cheap mp3 player?

Try resetting it by pressing and holding the power button for 20-30 secs. Release the button, then press it again momentarily to see if it will turn on.

It worked. Well I feel like a moron now considering I do that same thing with my tablet…

Thanks!

I just had this same exact problem and the 20-30 sec. reset worked for me too.  Thanks so much Tapeworm!

Tapeworm or anyone else…my player not turning on has happened again in 2 1/2 months.  I did the suggested reset which worked.  Can you tell me why this happens?  Is there anything I can do to keep it from happening again?

Thanks so much.

1 Like

Well, this just happens with electronics–the Clip is no exception.  Also, I have a theory that there are little gremlins in the Clip . . . .   :wink:

1 Like

@miikerman wrote:

Also, I have a theory that there are little gremlins in the Clip . . . .   :wink:

Perhaps a little elf instead?

:stuck_out_tongue:

So much for the idea that elves are cute . . . .   :wink:

And (at least in this case) they grow up to be

_ A Rock and Heavy Metal God! _

Smiley

:smileyvery-happy:

I have done as you suggested, but it isn’t working. My screen will turn on, but it will be blank. And if I keep pressing the power button, it would turn off again.