Mp3 player crashed after "Not enough space for MusicDB, Please free ..." error message

I have a 4GB ClipZip Sandsik, last night after disconnecting it from my Mac (Without adding any new content to it), found it to show the message “Not enough space for MusicDB, Please free 200 mb”, on connecting it again to the mac I found that indeed only 140 mbs were free (But before it had more free disk space, which I find weird), after deleting a few albums it worked again, I used the SanDisk and before I went to sleep, I connected it to my Mac to recharge, today I woke up and it shows the same error, after retrying to connect it to my computer (This time a PC and not a Mac), it crashes and when I try to restart it, it shows a screen with a lot of stripes of somewhat different colours, won’t start up on my Mac nor PC and won’t start up on it’s own either. 

I tried Disk Utility but it shows none of the device’s memory except a “4.2 MB UNDEF storage Media”. 

I have the same problem.  It must be a software error but the Tech Support people don’t have a clue.

I will let you know when I get a resolution to the issue.

Read this SanDisk KnowledgeBase article:

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/848/kw/not%20enough%20space%20for%20music%20DB

That’s not really helpful, I can’t see my device in order to format it.

Can you help me.  I saw where you deleted albums and I cant seem to delete albums from my sandisk mp3.  How did you do it?  They are on the sandisk but don’t show up on my computer.

@pepper337 wrote:

Can you help me.  I saw where you deleted albums and I cant seem to delete albums from my sandisk mp3.  How did you do it?  They are on the sandisk but don’t show up on my computer.

Is your player set to Auto as the USB mode? If so, it can connect in either MTP or MSC at any time. Files transferred in one mode cannot be seen by your computer while connected n the other mode. Try setting to MTP and then connecting and see if your albums show up. If not, disconnect and try MSC.