Meaning of % sign when "Properties" is clicked ??

When I click on “Properties” of my Sansa Clip Zip player, I see 0% under the Battery icon.

Does this mean 0% power remaining or 0% power used ?

When player is “on” the infinitely small battery indicator on the face of the player looks to be all green to me.

And the “battery image” shown undrer “Properties” appears to be all red !

Until somebody says otherwise, I believe the following is the best answer to my own question (after looking at many forum discussion on this issue)

There is something wrong between Windows 7 and Clip Zip that makes any battery level info----supplied while connected to computer---- totally erroneous

Correct battery level info can only be obtained by going to “Settings” (in player), click on Settings, click on right arrow, scroll down to Info, click on Info, scroll down to Power (mine now says 100%

@alternator wrote:

There is something wrong between Windows 7 and Clip Zip that makes any battery level info----supplied while connected to computer---- totally erroneous

Correct battery level info can only be obtained by going to “Settings” (in player), click on Settings, click on right arrow, scroll down to Info, click on Info, scroll down to Power (mine now says 100%

Yes, this is a known Win 7 glitch that MicroSoft never felt important enough to fix.