How to navigate in folders

I want to add folders of mp3 music and navigate threw folders.

I add folders from my computer to the music section

I cannot see how I caqn navigate threw folders, as I can do from my computer

At the bottom of the Music menu, there is a Folders option. Note there are more options than what will show on the small screen at one time. Use the Up or Down buttons to scroll completely through the list.

I click folders, then I get to choose :

internal memory/ external memory

I choose internal memory then MTP then music, and only then I see the folders I have in the player.

@jivangilad wrote:

I click folders, then I get to choose :

internal memory/ external memory

I choose internal memory then MTP then music, and only then I see the folders I have in the player.

Yes. This is how it works. What are you expecting? :confounded:

I was expecting it to be quicker, since it is something I always do.

Thanks.

Hi, Thanks for the info on navigating. I have found the place where the folders are supposed to show, but all the folders that I created when the device was connected to my computer don’t have names. They have a number e.g. \C60000000 followed by the name ‘New Folder’. So all the folders that I created have a different number with the same ‘New Folder’ name. How can I change this? Thanks for your help.

That can be an issue of the Player’s USB setting.  If the player is set to USB MTP mode (or Auto, which will try to use MTP mode but fall back to MSC mode if needed), the player can re-name folders or files–odd, isn’t it?  However, if you set the player to USB MSC mode, in which the player is seen by a computer as an external drive, this is avoided–the player “just works.”  Note, though, that if you use DRM-protected files, the USB mode typically needs to be set to MTP (or Auto) mode.

Note:  a computer only will see the files on the Clip that were transferred to the player under the USB mode under which you now are connected to the computer.  And so, if files were transferred under MTP mode but the USB mode now is set to MSC mode, the computer won’t see the earlier files.  To avoid this situation:  set the player to the earlier USB mode, transfer the player’s files to your computer (and delete what’s on the player), change the player’s USB mode, and transfer the files back to the Clip (and keep the player’s USB mode set to the new USB setting).