How can I repair SanDisk Sansa clip zip?

I put microSD Card and it hanged. I tried to switch it off and then again switch on, but I didn’t work again. And evertime when I turn it on, Mp3 player shows only the brand like flower, it doesn’t show the turn table. Can you help me sort out this problem?

First of all, don’t insert or remove a card while the player is on. That might be what is causing the player to hang.

The player might also freeze on bootup if your tags are messed up or in the wrong format, or if the flash memory drive is corrupted. The Clip Zip needs IDV2.3 ISO 8859-1 tags. The free program mp3Tag makes editing tags much easier.

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

I remember that I put Sd card when it was turned on. And Now I just can’t switch it on at all. After showing of the flower, Mp3 just freezes as you said and that is all. Even I connect it to my computer, it isn’ t recognized. I don’t know What to do…

Can I repair it, does it have some clues to fix?

In fact I live in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. But here I didn’t find masters who could repair it. That is why I had to sign in here in your web-site. I’m not good at English, but I really want to fix my Player, so please help me as possible as you can

Your English is very good!   :slight_smile:

If you remove the microSD card when the player is off, will it now start?  If not, will it start if you hold the on button down for 30-60 seconds?  It could be a card issue–you might try using a different card.

Look, I press power it shows the flower and immidiately switches off, repeats this action without pausing, it doesn’t show music player, audiobook, recorder, sports, albums . How can I repair it?

I think that the microSD card, which I put, had had some viruses and when I conneted them, viruses just inflicted such kind of injury. Can I install new programm even Mp3 Player doesn’t show the menu of Player and isn’t recognized by computer, can’t I? 

@ruke17 wrote:

I think that the microSD card, which I put, had had some viruses and when I conneted them, viruses just inflicted such kind of injury.

That is highly unlikely. Have you tried removing the card and starting it up?

Have you tried holding the power button down for 30 secs, then letting go and pressing it again to start it up?

Yeah! I did it step by step as you said and I tried to turn on it several times. And then it started freezing.

Does it mean that Player has been broken?

Try removing the card(while the player is off). Hod down the center button while connecting the player to your pc keep holding the button down, and hopefully within around 15 seconds or so the pc will recognize it. If so, then use the pc to format the player(as FAT32), deleting all the songs on the player. Click on the safely remove drive icon, then disconnect the player. The player should hopefully be working fine now. Format the player again using the player’s menu(settings, system settings, format).

i think your music has tags that are incompatible with the player, and you need to edit your tags. Or else perhaps some of your music files are corrupted. The player needs ID3V2.3 ISO8859-1 tags.

I also remove the tags the player doesn’t support such as composer and album artist 9of course I keep the album tags and the artist tags). 

Hod down-you mean Power?

I have to put MicroSD Card, which I’d put before or I can also put another one? 

And Where can I find ID 3V2.3 ISO8859-1 tags?

I’m waiting for your answer :wink: