Fonts - Japanese and Korean

I’m thinking of getting Sansa Clip Zip.

Does this particular player display foreign fonts in tags correctly?

I have many songs with Japanese and Korean fonts in the tag…using mp3 and flac formats with MAYBE occassional ogg format…

and I hear it only works with 32GB microSD card…

did anyone tried with 64GB microSD card?

@icepick314 wrote:

I’m thinking of getting Sansa Clip Zip.

Does this particular player display foreign fonts in tags correctly?

Probably not.

I have many songs with Japanese and Korean fonts in the tag…using mp3 and flac formats with MAYBE occassional ogg format…

and I hear it only works with 32GB microSD card…

did anyone tried with 64GB microSD card?

It will work with any Micro SD or SDHC card up and including the 32 GB variety. The 64GB card is the new SDXC format which cannot be read by it. I have heard however, that if you re-format the card to FAT32 you should be able to use it.

With the price still so high of these new cards though, no one posting here has actually tried it and confirmed it works.

“probably” not or “definitely” not?

doesn’t anyone have any songs with Asian fonts in tags?

Speaking for past models, I can say they (Sansa mp3 players) had problems with foreign characters in the tags. The Zip is very new, so no one has brought up the issue before this.

If you have one like this (asian characters in title and/or ID3 tag), and can upload it to a file-hosting site and give a link to it here, I’ll be glad to see if it works on my Clip Zip for you. :wink:

confirmed…

I received my Clip Zip in the mail 2 days ago…

it plays music files with foreign characters in the file name and displays the tags in Korean and Japanese…

Good! I’m sure this thread will be of help to others in your situation in the future. Thanks for posting back and letting us know.

:smiley:

i’m new hear ^^.

i’m wondering that how can i get a Clip Zip in Japan. i see there isn’t any authorized retail store here (in Japan) :frowning:

@eneim wrote:

i’m new hear ^^.

i’m wondering that how can i get a Clip Zip in Japan. i see there isn’t any authorized retail store here (in Japan) :frowning:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/

eBay’s always a source.  And I can’t imagine that the Clip Zip won’t be coming to Japan soon, through “official” channels.