SanDisk Guru

Re: Clip Zip Feedback and Feature Request Thread

Hello tb. Welcome to the forum. I have been pleading for variable speed playback with automatic pitch correction for a long time. I have not used Rockbox since the display items with it look too small, and the interface seems too complex. Is it true that with Rockbox when you change the playback speed the pitch must be changed separately, or does Rockbox automatically correct the pitch when the play speed is changed? besides being worried about possibly bricking a player with rockbox, I am also worried that if Rockboxed it might not play Slotradio cards anymore. does Rockbox have the autoresume feature that the original firmware has?

I just edited all my tags to get rid of the v1 tags. It does significantly help speed up refresh rates. It was so easy to do with mp3Tag.

SanDisk Guru

JK98 wrote:

Hello tb. Welcome to the forum. I have been pleading for variable speed playback with automatic pitch correction for a long time. I have not used Rockbox since the display items with it look too small, and the interface seems too complex. Is it true that with Rockbox when you change the playback speed the pitch must be changed separately, or does Rockbox automatically correct the pitch when the play speed is changed? besides being worried about possibly bricking a player with rockbox, I am also worried that if Rockboxed it might not play Slotradio cards anymore. does Rockbox have the autoresume feature that the original firmware has?

I just edited all my tags to get rid of the v1 tags. It does significantly help speed up refresh rates. It was so easy to do with mp3Tag.

I hope more people see this and follow suit. Only the older players need those ancient v1 tags.

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

New Clip Zip; 16 g Kingston class 10 micro sd card.

Am I correct in assuming that there is no way to go back or forward in a song?

SanDisk Guru

sure there is. press and hold the << button to rewind the track and press and hold the >> button to fast forward a track. 

SanDisk Guru

Not only that, but mp3Tag itself works so much faster without the v1 tags.

SanDisk Guru

tokadap wrote:

My headphones have a mic and a button.  It would be nice to use the mic for recording and to use the button to control the Clip.  On my Palm Pre, a single button press pauses the music, a double press skips to the next track.  I know that this might involve a hardware change so I don't have my hopes too high.

Thanks for listening!

Paul

Would love to see a remote control dongle for the Clips!  But not permanently attached to a set of phones--a cable that you could plug your own phones into, like those made by iLuv and other companies for Apple players.  My Panasonic portable CD player has this and it's great for outside and exercise use. 

SanDisk Guru

Miikerman wrote:

Would love to see a remote control dongle for the Clips!  But not permanently attached to a set of phones--a cable that you could plug your own phones into, like those made by iLuv and other companies for Apple players.  My Panasonic portable CD player has this and it's great for outside and exercise use. 

Heh, heh, you said "dongle!"  Smiley Very Happy

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Guru

"Feature Request: "Timed Auto Pause" (for audiobooks primarily). I listen to audiobooks a lot when I go to sleep, and I keep an ageing "iAudio U2" for this purpose alone. It has a feature where you can play 1 track, it pauses and waits for you to press play to play next track and if I don't press play within a certain time the device turns itself off."

Imo even better than a timed auto pause would be a function that is optional which allows the user to set a time limit, and if no buttons are pressed within that time limit, then the player goes into pause mode(then it will later shut off based on the power saver setting). When one presses a button, then the count down timer resets and starts again. This continues until the mode is disabled.

SanDisk Guru

JK98 wrote:

If you truly want the benefits of Rockbox, just go ahead and install it.  Once you take the plunge, you'll not regret it.  I was hesitant before installing Rockbox also, concerned it'll brick my clip+, then I installed it on my fuze, the player I could do without if it got messed up and, now, I'm a happy Rockbox user.

SanDisk Guru

Of course, no Rockbox for the Clip Zip (yet).  Also, always a legitimate concern of even a small bricking possibility and the effect on DRM playback under the original manf. firmware.