Clip Zip Feedback and Feature Request Thread

I, too, have found that the navigation keys press much too easily, much more so than with the earlier Clips, leading to mis-navigation.  Even if the player is in my shirt pocket, the keys can get mis-pressed through a quick brush against my pocket if the player is facing forward–never an issue with the earlier Clips.  Can be unfortunately frustrating.

That’s why I clip mine to the shirt pocket facing inwards…it never gets bumped. And, as I always suspected, and finally found out, if the clip breaks, the player simply falls the rest of the way into your pocket…only the clip goes flying onto the ground.

I would like to have more audiobook options such as replaying a sentence , a word, a paragraph, or Chapter selection. Also a hold command like you have on the clip to prevent accidentally stopping during play. What I would really love is a player that is totallly dedicated to listening to audio books.

There is a hold feature on the Zip. Press the power button momentarily (half a second or so). Press it again to release it.

@weaverjude wrote:

I would like to have more audiobook options such as replaying a sentence , a word, a paragraph, or Chapter selection. Also a hold command like you have on the clip to prevent accidentally stopping during play. What I would really love is a player that is totallly dedicated to listening to audio books.

There is a hold or ‘lock’ feature on the Zip. Press the power button momentarily (half a second or so). Press it again to release it.

How about an option to have the display come on at the end of a track and at the beginning of a track for a choosable amount of time eg.15 seconds for each? This would make use of the album art and meager track information as it now is.

@tapeworm wrote:

There is a hold or ‘lock’ feature on the Zip. Press the power button momentarily (half a second or so). Press it again to release it.

For what’s it’s worth, everytime I tried to turn the Clip OFF I end up locking it. Have to unlock it, and try to turn it off again.  I’ve only had it a week and I’ve already switched to using the power saver feature as my turn off switch - the timing of the “long press” just isn’t working for me. 

Another vote for track xx/xx information on the screen.  It’s really necessary for Audiobooks.  Maybe some people like the mystery of not knowing they’re on track 12/12 vs 6/12 - but I personally, I like knowing the books wrapping up soon vs there’s hours to go.  Also, track number is a SPOILER discussion point in my household (we’ve gotten used to using with Clip and Fuze) as there’s often 2 people reading the same library book at the same time.

Here’s the hot ticket  for turning off your Clip Zip without headache, study of particle physics, or the use of classic nautical navigational devices.

Have a look at the display.  Give a single tap to the top button, or even the front center button.  The only button you would not want to press, thinking about it, is the forward >> or back << button, as this will zip you to the next track.  This initial press will wake up the device from its routine of playback.  The display will light up.

Now, have a look at the display while holding the power button.  After about 2 seconds, the scrolling track display will stop.  Bingo.  The device will now shut down.

Remember!  If the device hasn’t had a command recently (meaning that the display is off), one brief touch of the power button, just a tap, wakes up the device for the next command, which is to hold the power button for about two seconds.

If the display is not active, holding the power button for two seconds will only wake up the display, but the device will not turn off.  In fact, if you continue holding about 10 seconds, the device will perform a soft reset.

So, in brief, if you pause the currently playing track, this wakes up the device.  Then press and hold the power button for 2 seconds.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Please make the songs fast play in earphones when you fast forward or rewind a song(like cd players).THX.

Sorry if I’m repeating but I wish following function available

1. Editable music menu; I like to jump to ‘album’ menu only, so others are not useful for me.

Awhile playing a song I generally choose next song to be played, but as that song is in progress after some time song play back menu appears and when press ‘back’ button it moves back to its original album which I don’t want, iwant it to move back to song I chose. Like my Ipod nano.

1. When I swich off CZ while song in playing and when turning it on it is already playing that song. I wanted it to be in idle condition.

2. I want CZ to keep browsing path to be memorized like ipod nono.

Guess i’m not demanding much.

thanks

Don’t know if this has been covered, but it would be great if you could add a song to a playlist on the fly.  Maybe a few default playlists on the sansa then just click and select which playlist to add the song to.  I have a lot of songs and shuffle a lot… Every now and again I get that forgotten song I want to tag into a playlist.  The go list is OK, but I really don’t use it.  

@natemail wrote:

Don’t know if this has been covered, but it would be great if you could add a song to a playlist on the fly.  Maybe a few default playlists on the sansa then just click and select which playlist to add the song to.  I have a lot of songs and shuffle a lot… Every now and again I get that forgotten song I want to tag into a playlist.  The go list is OK, but I really don’t use it.  

Since playlists are created via your computer (and then transferred to the player) and not on the player itself, this would be quite impossible. Shame you don’t use the GoList because you can do exactly what you are asking for with it.

I guess ‘golist’ is there which does the same, you have to be there on you song of choice and long press the centre button, song gets added to ‘golist’. Do it with numbers of songs of your wish.

But my issue is currently I’ve iPod nano along with CZ and I like the the way iPod nano memorizes the browsing path.

When I’m listening a song and if I wanted only one song to listen next as the current song gets completed I Just hover on that song & when current song ends I press back button to select that song, which is possible on iPos nano but not on CZ.

Instead CZ remembers whether it was on or off at the time of boot, which for me is not the good thing. 

pls Sandisk admin bring these changes if you fill it worth.

Thanks

Allow FM & voice recording in MP3 format–preferably with adjustable bit rates.  The WAVs take too much space–although allowing the WAV sampling rate to be adjusted upward would be useful in certain situations.

Hi,

I opt for using SI units in Europe as measurment units abbreviations: hours - h , minutes - min and seconds - s with small letters in places where we can set/display time parameters.  No need for special translation here.

It also will be nice to have ‘+’ and ‘-’ used instead of ‘On’ and 'Off"  for example. Scrolling is ok but if menu could fit the small screen it would be better.

RDS if  working better now but what are these ‘KMYT:’  and similar texts mean?

Regards

– 

Adam T.

Hi,

In other thread I post about radio menu:

It would be more functional if the select button function can switch |<< and >>| buttons functions between tuning and changeing to the prev/next preset station -  in this mode we can display in the status line preset station number/number of preset stations - default mode should be to change between presets if there are any. 

Just received my Sandisk Clip Zip 8GB from Santa Claus with a 32Gb SDHC card, i’m already fond of my new mp3 player, but…
My SDHC card is not “fully” recognized.
Model :  Samsung MB-MSBGA / Model Code : MB-MSBGA/EU
Already upgraded to the last firmware release (01.01.18)
This message only for submit firmware enhencement abou SDHC supporting cards.

I don’t know if it is a bug or an enhancement request :

If we listen to music, sitching to radio, when go back to music ans select “Last listen”, if you click on “Back” button, you go to the first album, not to the menu, need a long play to go back to the menu, and then “last played diseppear”.

Current firmware : 01.01.18A

@tomcatmeow wrote:

Just received my Sandisk Clip Zip 8GB from Santa Claus with a 32Gb SDHC card, i’m already fond of my new mp3 player, but…
My SDHC card is not “fully” recognized.
Model :  Samsung MB-MSBGA / Model Code : MB-MSBGA/EU
Already upgraded to the last firmware release (01.01.18)
This message only for submit firmware enhencement abou SDHC supporting cards.

If you haven’t tried it, you might try reformatting the card under the player’s System settings.  (Note:  this will erase any content on the card.)  Also recommended:  a reformat using the SD Association’s Formatter tool, which often can help. 

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/

Hi Makerman,

I have already try this tool, but not better.

Thanks for your help