Clip Zip Feedback and Feature Request Thread

I originally bought the fuze when the DB limit was 4000.  They increased it to 8000 with a firmware update.  I never ran into the limit because I had a 16GB card.   When I got the 32GB card, I was able to fit everything I own on the card, and ran into the limit.

Rockbox takes care of that.

I understand that the DB is probably memory resident and there is a limit of that internal memory space.  I work support for products with embedded systems and I realize that somethimes you just can’t raise the limit without adding more internal memory to run the application.  I get it.  Rockbox uses is a file DB so I get that Rockbox doesn’t have this issue.  They just increase the file size

But one thing I have never understood is the inability of the firmware to directly read the File Allocation Table of the Internal Flash Memory and SD Card.  I organize my music already using folders.  Add a filter that only shows supported file types and you are done. 

It doesn’t really matter, however.  I am a big Rockbox fan, and it looks as if the Clip Zip has enough similar with it’s predecssors that Rockbox isn’t far behind.  Also, since I found out how to maintain my Rhapsody integration on fhe Fuze, I think I’ll be picking up the zip as soon as I see Rockbox come up.