Clip Zip Feedback and Feature Request Thread

@mags1230 wrote:

@jk98 wrote:

Hello tb. Welcome to the forum. I have been pleading for variable speed playback with automatic pitch correction for a long time. I have not used Rockbox since the display items with it look too small, and the interface seems too complex. Is it true that with Rockbox when you change the playback speed the pitch must be changed separately, or does Rockbox automatically correct the pitch when the play speed is changed? besides being worried about possibly bricking a player with rockbox, I am also worried that if Rockboxed it might not play Slotradio cards anymore. does Rockbox have the autoresume feature that the original firmware has?

I just edited all my tags to get rid of the v1 tags. It does significantly help speed up refresh rates. It was so easy to do with mp3Tag.

If you truly want the benefits of Rockbox, just go ahead and install it.  Once you take the plunge, you’ll not regret it.  I was hesitant before installing Rockbox also, concerned it’ll brick my clip+, then I installed it on my fuze, the player I could do without if it got messed up and, now, I’m a happy Rockbox user.

I gotta agree here, about Rockbox. Up until I received the Zip and started testing it, I had not used the OF on my Clip+ in a year or so, and it’s been used a lot in that time and it still runs like a champ.

DRM is not an issue for me…I avoid it.   In JK98’s case, I don’t buy worrying about  that as a legitimate excuse:stuck_out_tongue:, since he has at least four players…surely he can live with the possibility of  just one of them not being to play a SlotRadio card. In fact, he could go to Radio SHack and buy a Clip+ for $30 and Rockbox one of his old ones.:wink: