Clip Zip FLAC bitrate support

Hi there, I just bought a Clip Zip yesterday and noticed a few problems. The first is the noise when changing songs. That was fixed with FW update. But the second problem is with supported FLAC bitrate. Whats the highest bitrate that Clip Zip supports? I just noticed, that Zip just skips some songs (FLAC, concretely from Monstercat Media), no notification that its not supported or something, just skips it and starts play the next song. So I looked up for those songs in PC and saw, that those that were skipped are all 1100+ kbps bitrate. The 1100kbps song is played well, but the 1654kbps, 1802kbps and 1886kbps were skipped.

Can be this fixed? Or it is hardware limited? I remember, that with Clip+ I never have problems with bitrate, it played everything. He… he just died :( 

Thanks for Your answer.

PS: Sorry for bad english :/ 

If you downloaded 24-bit FLAC (high-def) files they won’t work. Only regular 16-bit FLAC files are supported.

@tapeworm wrote:

If you downloaded 96-bit FLAC (high-def) files they won’t work. Only regular 16-bit FLAC files are supported.

I noticed the Original Poster listed the bit rates in kbps not in bits.  That being said how many kbps is 16bit?

I have a Clip+ but this forum section seems rather interesting.

@solaristar wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

If you downloaded 96-bit FLAC (high-def) files they won’t work. Only regular 16-bit FLAC files are supported.

I noticed the Original Poster listed the bit rates in kbps not in bits.  That being said how many kbps is 16bit?

16-bit/96-bit refers to the sample size, not the bitrate.

@solaristar wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

If you downloaded 96 24-bit FLAC (high-def) files they won’t work. Only regular 16-bit FLAC files are supported.

My mistake. I meant to say 24-bit. I use EAC to rip my FLAC files and the highest kbps I’ve have ever seen ripped is 1100. So if the OP is seeing bit-rates like 1654kbps, 1802kbps and 1886kbps I think we can assume they are of the 24-bit variety and are not supported, so that is why they will not play.

@tapeworm wrote:

@solaristar wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

If you downloaded 96 24-bit FLAC (high-def) files they won’t work. Only regular 16-bit FLAC files are supported.

My mistake. I meant to say 24-bit. I use EAC to rip my FLAC files and the highest kbps I’ve have ever seen ripped is 1100. So if the OP is seeing bit-rates like 1654kbps, 1802kbps and 1886kbps I think we can assume they are of the 24-bit variety and are not supported, so that is why they will not play.

Yeah, 16/44 WAV is 1440kbps, IIRC,  so I think you’re right.