Cant turn on

Hello again
When I turn on my sansa it wont start… 
I bought 32 gb SD card and then the problem is epic big… I even cant launch my sansa to main menu.
Any tips, help?
Ah I want to add this tip. When I ll turn on Sansa clip zip without card it starts normally, but when I ll stick the SD card when it s on I have refreshing whole the time and it wont go ahead

heh. Another problem. When I m uploading new things on my sansa I have an error, that device is disconected and my sansa starts refreshing files… what the heck is going on, guys?!

@mmaasstteerr wrote:

Hello again
When I turn on my sansa it wont start… 
I bought 32 gb SD card and then the problem is epic big… I even cant launch my sansa to main menu.
Any tips, help?
Ah I want to add this tip. When I ll turn on Sansa clip zip without card it starts normally, but when I ll stick the SD card when it s on I have refreshing whole the time and it wont go ahead

1.  So first you say the player will not turn on. Then you say it does. Which is it?
  2.  You should only add a card when the device is turned off.
  3.  Refreshing the database upon start-up (or anytime the database has been changed) is normal. The length of time it takes to do this is dependent on a lot of factors, number of files, ID3 tags, etc. If it takes an unusually long amount of time, there is something (or some things) that it is having a hard time reading, and therefore freezes up. Most likely is that it’s something in the ID3 tags, either wrong format, garbage in the Comments field of the tag, strange or foreign characters in any field in the tag, exceptionally long entries (in Artist or Title fields), exceptionally large embedded album art, etc.
  4. MP3Tag (free) and numerous threads/discussions here on the forum can assist you in cleaning up your tags.

It turn on only if SD card is removed from station
Ok, but if I place the card when it s off, sansa won t turn on… only without card

Ok. But this database is loading whole time. It don t go any further even after two hours. only black, empty bar if I ll place the SD card when sansa is turned on…

And I cant add more than ~8 gb on my sansa. I have some bug now and the device is: “Disconnected”

Ah and I made format from sansa… And you know, when here are no files on SD card it can turn on normally… But when I ll add some music, then issue repeat

So you did format the external card (via player), right? That’s what I was going to propose.

The next step would be to change the Tag type of all MP3s proposed for the Zip to ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1 by means of MP3Tag, to remove ID3v1 and all unnecessary entries. After that, there’s no reason for the player to not accept the card, as far as I can see. Save for the possibility that you have files with unsupported sample rate or bith depth, maybe. So take care to respect the limit of 48 kHz and 16 bit to be on the safe side.

Sorry for newbie questions, but what I exacly have to do in the program called MP3Tag? I dont get this operations well… :stuck_out_tongue:
Do I have only take action and wait till names change? That s enought?

I’m not sure if I qualify as an expert in terms of MP3tag. I’m only used to add ID3 tags to my own LAME encoded MP3s, less so to change ID3 tags of existing MP3s. However, my method of changing the ID3 tag type (which seems to work) is the following: Go to «Tools» –> «Options» –> «Mpeg». Under «Read» check 1D3v1 and ID3v2; under «Write» check ID3v2 and chose ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1; under «Remove» check ID3v1. Click «OK» to close «Options».

Now on the left side of the Window select the directory with the MP3s in it. Mark all (Ctrl A). Right click on the marked list and select «Remove tag» (or click on the red cross on top of the window). This will only remove the ID3v1 tag, according to the saved Mpeg options, and hopefully convert all ID3v2 tags to ISO-8859-1.

You may leave all entries at < keep > for now, except for the album art (chose «remove cover») and comments. By clicking on the column title «Frequency» you can check for possibly incompatible sample rates (maximum is 48,000 Hz). And by watching and scrolling  the list you may discover some unnecessary long entries or some with strange characters, which you can modify either in the columns or (collectively) in the input fields at the left.

Hope this helps.

lack of time, many things to do. But now I can reply finally so I did all what you told me and… It work not. My old sc card work faster, but this 32gb still don’t like my sansa. Maybe I have some problem directly with my port to sd cards in sansa and it dont want more than 8gbs…

Sorry to hear that! So the only thing that’s left is to use a different (32 GB) card. I don’t think your Zip is defective. Or a different (32 GB) card could verify this, respectively.

Ok. I ll have tomorow another 32 gb card, so we will see :> Thx for help, guys. I ll tell you results

" but when I ll stick the SD card when it s on I have refreshing whole the time and it wont go ahead"

Sandisk players should be off when a card is inserted or removed. 

The Sandisk firmware is very fussy about tags. It also doesn’t like cards that are faster than class 4. 

Many get around  limitations by loading Rockbox on their players. Rockbox is a free alternative operating system for the player  that is available for the Clip Zip and some other Sandisk players. It has a huge number of features, including crossfeed, which makes headphone listening seem much more like listening to speakers, by mixing part of the oppsite channel into each ear with a very slight delay(this is adjustable). I have Rockbox on all the Sandisk players I currently use, except the Clip Sport, for which Rockbox isn’t available(yet?) Placing Rockbox on your player does void the Sandisk warranty, however I have not had any problems with my Sandisk players(that I couldn’t fix myself) before or after I started using Rockbox(over a year ago), except for the clip breaking off an almost 5 year old Clip+.   Rockbox.org

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=228