Battery indicator

I just received my Sana Clip Zip; charged it, synced songs to SD Card and Internal…so far so good.

BUT the battery indicator is terrible compared to the Sansa Clip + I had.  PLEASE do a firmware

update to make it as bright as it was on the other models (yellow was goo)

…I don’t even see the “green” indicated  in the user manual….and it’s not just for little old ladies

with bad eyesight, a young friend of ** mine with 20/20 vision totally agrees with the lack of**

readability of the battery indicator.

Also, could someone tells me how to set the time.  I could not find the instructions.

For those of you who plan to buy a better set of earphones.  I first tried a better set I was

using with Sansa Clip + but I could see that the plug would not go all the way in, as

it did with my other Sansa, so I did not try to force it in and I am just using the earplugs

I got with the Clip zip.  The same thing is true with the USB Cable–the plug which goes

into the device.  I had one which I used with no trouble–and it was quite a bit longer–

but once again it did not seem to plug effortlessly into the device, and I did not

“push it,” so I am using the rinky-dinky one which comes with the Clip Zip.  Overall

the earphones are doing fine, decent sound though it could be better.

I pray this Sansa will last longer that the other two I had–and I took good care of them.

It’s funny about this allegiance to Sensa.  As others I really like what it offers, the

music is fine, it’s clippable, etc. and I would not spend the money for an iPod.

But there are issues–the first one would not turn on after a while, the second one

less than a year old stopped “turning on” and has other problems.

I did try to get a new one (didn’t do anything about the first one) but they sent me

a refurbished one and though the power ** switch problem was corrected, but there**

were others I did not have before.

Wish me luck with this one–I am not going to read all the problems others have

had in order to avoid a self-fulfilling prophecy.  Just hope it will work well and for

longer than the others since I do like most of the features.

Thanks!

The time is set under a time setting screen under Settings/System settings, if I recall the category/screen names correctly (I don’t have my player in front of me)–you easily should be able to find it. 

@anne_onymous wrote:

BUT the battery indicator is terrible compared to the Sansa Clip + I had.  PLEASE do a firmware

…I don’t even see the “green” indicated  in the user manual….and it’s not just for little old ladies

with bad eyesight, a young friend of ** mine with 20/20 vision totally agrees with the lack of**

I agree with you. The battery icon could/should have been designed with a brighter color for better visibility. But the truth is it wasn’t, and with the model nearing the end of its production cycle, its not likely to be corrected with a firmware update.

@anne_onymous wrote:

I first tried a better set I was using with Sansa Clip + but I could see that the plug would not go all the way in, as it did with my other Sansa, so I did not try to force it in and I am just using the earplugs I got with the Clip zip.

The jack on these now units sometimes are extremely tight. It helps to twist the headphone plug a bit while you are pushing it in. It will loosen up after only a few insertions.

@anne_onymous wrote:

The same thing is true with the USB Cable–the plug which goes into the device.  I had one which I used with no trouble–and it was quite a bit longer–** but once again it did not seem to plug effortlessly into the device, and I did not **“push it,” so I am using the rinky-dinky one which comes with the Clip Zip.

If you are trying to use the cable from your Clip+ it will not work. I noticed the same thing when I first got my Zip. The Clip+ uses a mini-USB connector, while the Zip uses the newer “standard” micro-USB connector.

Hope this helps. :smiley:

@anne_onymous wrote:

I agree with you. The battery icon could/should have been designed with a brighter color for better visibility. But the truth is it wasn’t, and with the model nearing the end of its production cycle, its not likely to be corrected with a firmware update.

@anne_onymous wrote:

I first tried a better set I was using with Sansa Clip + but I could see that the plug would not go all the way in, as it did with my other Sansa, so I did not try to force it in and I am just using the earplugs I got with the Clip zip.

The jack on these new units sometimes are extremely tight. It helps to twist the headphone plug a bit while you are pushing it in. It will loosen up after a few insertions.

@anne_onymous wrote:

The same thing is true with the USB Cable–the plug which goes into the device.  I had one which I used with no trouble–and it was quite a bit longer–** but once again it did not seem to plug effortlessly into the device, and I did not **“push it,” so I am using the rinky-dinky one which comes with the Clip Zip.

If you are trying to use the cable from your Clip+ it will not work. I noticed the same thing when I first got my Zip. The Clip+ uses a mini-USB connector, while the Zip uses the newer “standard” micro-USB connector.

Hope this helps.

I found this forum because I was looking for some battery indicator info on a clip zip.  I think I’ve got it…The problem seems to be that the manual is lacking in clarity.  It simply says it turns green–there’s a lot of different ways various electronic devices out there indicate a full battery, so this wasn’t enough for (me anyway) to go on.  The battery indicator color is really not that important.  When it is charging, you can see the battery “filling up” over and over (evidentally to green from some darker color), and when it is done charging, it stops moving.  I’ve come to this conclusion because after unplugging it and plugging it in again, the battery started moving, but for just a minute, then it stopped so I checked the system settings in the settings menu (which I found on this forum question) and it indicated 100%.  The manual just needs more detailed info.

Yes–the filling battery icon is the easiest way to note the charging status of the player.  Additionally, if you want to see precise info.–the amount of the current charge–you can go to the Info. screen under the System settings.