synchronize to continue your music subscription

problem is with sansa clip playing first 2 sections of downloaded, transferred library audiobook via overdrive media. have updated firmware, windows media player 11, and uninstalled via the device manager.  when reconnection in MTP mode, the device isn’t recognized and the install new hardware wizard comes up.  only problem is there is no cd to install from.  if I set the mp3 player to msc, it is recognized in the E drive, the audiobook transfers to the music section on the mp3 player, and then it tells me to syncrhonize to continue music subsrciption (i’ve never subscribed to any music subscription).  I followed Bob’s instructions, but when I reconnect the device in USB MTP, the darn hardware wizard comes up and I cant do anything because nothing came with the sansa clip.  I have called the library, overdrive media and Sandisk (who tells me to uninstall and reinstall windows media player–which I did not do.  Sandisk told me it was overdrive’s issue…each entity points the finger to the other for the solution…)  Help!