songs cut out while using ear plugs

I just bought a new Clip 2 days ago, and the sound often cuts out while I’m listening.  I jiggle the ear plug jack to get it to work, but it does it alot and is very annoying.  Are the earplug jack/wire that sensitive that they have to be in a ‘perfect’ spot or something.  Is this common?

Do I need to take the mp3 player back?  Is there something wrong with my earplugs? 

@javasatch wrote:

I just bought a new Clip 2 days ago, and the sound often cuts out while I’m listening.  I jiggle the ear plug jack to get it to work, but it does it alot and is very annoying.  Are the earplug jack/wire that sensitive that they have to be in a ‘perfect’ spot or something.  Is this common?

Do I need to take the mp3 player back?  Is there something wrong with my earplugs? 

Be sure to plug the headphones in - All the way.     The Clip’s headphone jack can be tight.     Securely push the earphones jack all the way in and it should work.   If not report back.   This is a common question.

Cheers :slight_smile:

I can’t believe it…I feel so…   I guess I wasn’t plugging them in all the way, or at least that’s what it seems.  I’ll let you know if this occurs again.

Thank you for your quick response!

niko’s post is the one you should mark as the solution, not your own.

Hi. I am having the same problem, the music cuts out a lot.  I tried plugging in the ear phones ALL the way and that does not help.  The only thing that helps is if I pull out the ear plugs a little then it is fine, but then the unit has to be sitting still.  It is frustrating.  Thanks :O)

lbrash13 wrote:
Hi. I am having the same problem, the music cuts out a lot.  I tried plugging in the ear phones ALL the way and that does not help.  The only thing that helps is if I pull out the ear plugs a little then it is fine, but then the unit has to be sitting still.  It is frustrating.  Thanks :O)

if you can see any of the coper connector it is not in all the way. keep pushing you wont break it. once it is fully connected the problem should go away.