sansa clip+ 4GB won't charge

Plug it into USB. Can load songs.

Using Control Panle/Hardware and Sound/Devices and Printers/Sansa Clip+ 4GB can set info (GB free) and

“Cricitally low (0%)”. So I assume my USB is working properly.

However, after several hours–it is still on 0%.

On the tiny screen, I see the headphone and “Music” and a battery (partially charged). [All of these seem to black structurely fade out (from left to right) then reappear.]

When charging what should be in the display (besides the charging battery symbol?

Thanks, dana

Data and charging are different pins. One connection could work, one could be broken. The first thing to do is try another USB-miniUSB cord. Generic is fine.

When I connect to a computer USB I see Connected, battery-charging animation, big Clip+ image and an old-school computer monitor image, alternating with SanDisk.

It’s also possible that the battery has been charged for too many cycles and is dead, but try a different cord first. If you don’t have one, a pal with a camera does.

@zatoichi wrote:

Using Control Panle/Hardware and Sound/Devices and Printers/Sansa Clip+ 4GB can set info (GB free) and

“Cricitally low (0%)”. So I assume my USB is working properly.

However, after several hours–it is still on 0%.

I’m going to assume you are using MTP mode on your player and Win 7 on your computer. This “Critically Low” battery percentage displayed under Properties when connected in MTP mode is a known bug in Win 7 that MicroSoft deemed not important enough to fix.

Your player is still charging. When you un-pluug it, you can go to Info to find the current (and accurate) battery charge status.

Hi zatoichi, were you able to find any progress on this yet if it’s charging already?