rockbox warning

The same just happened to me. I got a V2 Clip too.

I used ‘Complete installation’ with Rockbox Utility (Windows Xp) than pulled it off from the USB cable. It booted with the OF. I turned it off and since than it’s dead. Can’t turn it on and nothing happens when I plug it to the USB.

(Can’t hear any click when I plug the headphone)

just was told that if the left button is held down and power button pushed up it may work. Will try tonight.

Doesn’t work for me.

@fdsafdsa wrote:

Doesn’t work for me.

Same here…the player is dead in the water. There seems to be nothing left to try.

@chuck_w wrote:

@fdsafdsa wrote:

Doesn’t work for me.

Same here…the player is dead in the water. There seems to be nothing left to try.

You still haven’t told us how you went about installing it. There may have been a step that you performed incorrectly.

I’ve been using it on multiple players for months and never had one crash to an unrecoverable state, even well before they were classified as stable.

i used the installer downloaded from the rosckbox website. At first it would not go because of a lack of space on the player. I deleted a bunhc of music and then reran the loader. It seemed to work…but the player was dead after.

@chuck_w wrote:

i used the installer downloaded from the rosckbox website. At first it would not go because of a lack of space on the player. I deleted a bunhc of music and then reran the loader. It seemed to work…but the player was dead after.

What happens if you plug it in?

If you plug in the player via USB does the computer see it? Does the OS assign a drive letter to the player?

nothing…nada the computer does not see it. Tried the power button reset for at least a minute but…nothing.

Try leaving it plugged in longer…

Maybe there is some quirk of the V2 Clip I don’t know about, but none of the 4 Sansas I have RB’d has ever bricked.

There’s another Clip/Rockbox forum, maybe something here will help.  http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=228  Good luck guys.  

@marvin_martian wrote:

Maybe there is some quirk of the V2 Clip I don’t know about, but none of the 4 Sansas I have RB’d has ever bricked.

If you think you can resurrect my clip then I might just send it to you so you to try!

If you have not yet sought assistance at the Rockbox.org forums, you may want to do so.

@miikerman wrote:

If you have not yet sought assistance at the Rockbox.org forums, you may want to do so.

yers I have posted there also and the suggestions on what to try were similar to this one. Really my clip refuses to come back to life…the firmware upgrade went haywire somehow.

@chuck_w wrote:

@fdsafdsa wrote:

Doesn’t work for me.

Hmm now it works. I let it rest for half a day and I could finally turn it on. It said low battery and turned off and finally I could charge it with the USB. Why I don’t understand what happened is because before all this happened the battery was indicated to be full.

And finally Rockbox is working as well. I love the wide range of sound setting options.

Hope you’ll get lucky too.

@fdsafdsa wrote:

@chuck_w wrote:

@fdsafdsa wrote:

Doesn’t work for me.

Hmm now it works. I let it rest for half a day and I could finally turn it on. It said low battery and turned off and finally I could charge it with the USB. Why I don’t understand what happened is because before all this happened the battery was indicated to be full.

And finally Rockbox is working as well. I love the wide range of sound setting options.

myself included. You simply left it sitting for half a day?

@chuck_w wrote:

@fdsafdsa wrote:

@chuck_w wrote:

@fdsafdsa wrote:

Doesn’t work for me.

I had a Sony player that I thought I had bricked, and the same kind of thing happened…I tried plugging it in one last time before I was going to send it back, two days later, and about 15 minutes later, I saw it light up out of the corner of my eye, and the battery was almost dead. Left it to charge the rest of the way, and it was fine after that. So maybe that will be the answer for you too.

@chuck_w wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

If you think you can resurrect my clip then I might just send it to you so you to try!

Hey MM,

I can send you my clip if you  think its possible to resurrect it! let me know!

@chuck_w wrote:

@fdsafdsa wrote:

@chuck_w wrote:

@fdsafdsa wrote:

Doesn’t work for me.

You sound surprised, but I said on page 1 that the Clip sometimes does this :wink:

I tried Rockbox again, and it remained difficult to deal with. I added a Readability theme, and couldn’t locate it. Sometimes it would tell me to reboot. At least once, it rebooted back to the Sansa look. It still wouldn’t recognize my AAC HE files. Fortunately, it is not difficult to restore the Sansa firmware. I don’t want to read through a manual, and ask questions on a forum, just to get the thing to work. So I’ve returned my library to MP3, and my Clip+ is fine. Rockbox needs to be easier (for me anyway) to be successful. It is more stubborn that Linux.