"lost" Audiobook

When my Sansa Clip+ is attached to my computer, all of my audiobooks (using windows explorer) appear in normal fashion.

My last downloaded audiobook shows properly with the other audiobooks on the computer.

When the sansa clip+ is removed from the computer the last downloaded audiobook does not appear (in the music menu -audiobooks) with the other audiobooks.

How do I locate this “lost” audiobook?

Are the Genre fields in the ID3 tags of the ‘last’ audiobook files filled in as “Audiobook”? Are the files placed in the Audiobook folder?

If all your other audiobooks display properly and this ‘last’ one does not, logic clearly dictates (channeling Spock) that there is something different about this last one. You have to figure out what it is. :wink:

Are the Genre fields in the ID3 tags of the ‘last’ audiobook files filled in as “Audiobook”? Are the files placed in the Audiobook folder?

On the computer (using windows explorer), all of the books including the “lost”  audiobook are in proper order and in the Audiobook folder.

All, excluding the “lost” audiobook can be found under Music >Audiobooks when the sansa clip+ is removed from computer. 

I am not familiar with or know the location the of “Genre fields or ID3 tags”. 

Using Overdrive Media Console to transfer downloads, I do change “Music” to “Audiobooks” in this process.  Is this related to “Genre fields” and “IDTags” of which you speak?

Sorry, not up to date with the proper language to better answer your first question.

@lhenry wrote:

On the computer (using windows explorer), all of the books including the “lost”  audiobook are in proper order and in the Audiobook folder.

This is not the same as ID3 tags. You are referring to file names. An ID3 tag is a type of meta data container used to store information about an MP3 file within the audio file itself. Read more here.

All Sansa mp3 players (and most other brands as well these days) sort and display their database by ID3 tag, NOT file names. The most often recommended ID3 tag editor is MP3Tag. It is free and very easy to use to correct, or edit your tags if there are inconsistencies or errors . Additionally, there are literally hundreds of discussions, tips and advice about the program and ID3 tags in general here on the forum, as well as hundreds more on other venues.

Tapeworm:

You have been most helpful.

I located the “lost” audiobook in Music>Audiobooks>folders>Authors.

I have installed Mp3tag and will try to correct current and future problems.

Thank you