playing issues

I have a new mp3 player as of yesterday.  I downloaded some music and started to use the deevice.  Somehow i got switched over to the FM radio and tried to find out how to switch back to mp3.  I never did figure that out.  Well later in the day, I had no sound and none of my buttons were working.  Same today.  Nothing works. 

Yesterday as well, my display always says “music” and no other information on the display.  I couldn’t get the display to change and show the music I have downloaded.  Still the same today.

Any idea what I have done or what is going on?  I am new to mp3 players and this is my first one.

Help!!!

First, hold down the on-off switch at the top of the unit for a full 30 seconds. That will reset it. Push it again to turn on the Clip.

The Clip is not a touchscreen. You need to push buttons to navigate. . The button on the upper right is the Home button, which shows the major functions: Music, FM, Video, Voice Recorder, Settings, SlotRadio (which is useless).

Push the Home button to wake those up if you don’t see one of those.

Below the Sansa or Sandisk button logo is a four-way switch with a center button.  Click down the list to Music.  Push the center button  and you’ll see a list you can click up and down: Play All, Recently Added, Artists, Album, etc. There are many ways to navigate with the up, down, left and right buttons.

For instance:  Click down to Artists, hit the center button, click down to your band, hit the center button, find your song, hit the center button. Or you can go through lists of Song titles, Album titles, etc. The top button of the four-way switch is also the Play and Pause button.

You can download  a user manual at the top of the forum page.

I held the on off button for over 30 seconds and nothing happened.  My dislay always says music no matter what buttons I push.  It does not give me a list of songs/artists etc that I downloaded.  It just says music and nothing happend when you push the center button or any other button either.  I have 96% so its not my battery.  Any other suggestions?

A quick reset may fix matters.  On the original Clip hold the power button up, on the Clip+ hold the power button down, for 20-30 seconds, and then restart the player. 

Or even up to a minute may be needed.

Which player model do you have, by the way, the original or the Plus model?

carmensimpson wrote:

Yesterday as well, my display always says “music” and no other information on the display.  

carmensimpson wrote:

I held the on off button for over 30 seconds and nothing happened.  My dislay always says music no matter what buttons I push.   It does not give me a list of songs/artists etc that I downloaded.  It just says music and nothing happend when you push the center button or any other button either.  I have 96% so its not my battery.  Any other suggestions?

Did you remove the protective screen sticker (that has an image of the Music screen on it) off the screen before using it? If you look closely, you’ll see a little tab in the upper right-hand corner to peel it off. :wink:

I did not see the protective screen cover on it.  I will look at it when I get home tonight.  I also held down the power button for about 30 seconds and it still did nothing.  I will try it again tonight when I get off work.

I have the clip+ model

@carmensimpson wrote:

I did not see the protective screen cover on it.  I will look at it when I get home tonight.  I also held down the power button for about 30 seconds and it still did nothing.  I will try it again tonight when I get off work.

If you didn’t peel one off, it’s still there and that’s your problem. It _ looks _ like the Music screen but is just a printed image on a piece of static-cling vinyl/plastic to protect against scratches during manufacturing, packaging and shipping.

It was the protective screen cover and after I peeled it off and reset the player, everything is working great.  Thanks for the help everyone.