how do I....

Ok, let me just start off by saying, this isnt my first Sansa Clip 4GB. I had one previously for almost a year without a problem. Then it did that thing where it works when attached to the computer, but when dettached it wouldnt turn on. So, I talked to tech support and I got a new one. By the way I have windows vista.

Now my problem is that my computer will not detect my mp3 on the mpt/auto select mode, and in that mode the device driver software would fail to install. So I had to switch it to the msc mode for it to be detected.

Well, my problem is, I like to use Windows Media Player to put my music on my mp3. Personally, I find it easier. Is there anyway I can get my mp3 to be detected in mpt/auto select mode so I can use it or is there a way to use Windows Media Player in msc mode??

Any advice would be helpful. 

@bmoreprincess wrote:

is there a way to use Windows Media Player in msc mode??

Any advice would be helpful. 

You can still use WMP in MSC mode just fine. I’ve done it quite a bit. :smiley:

Yeah i have the same problem but change the mode to msc and it works fined, and i use Windows Media Player 11 or above to add songs to my sanza clip.

It seems that my clip is not picked up by Windows Media Player (version 11)…

Message Edited by BmorePrincess on 06-11-2009 03:20 PM

@bmoreprincess wrote:

Now my problem is that my computer will not detect my mp3 on the mpt/auto select mode, and in that mode the device driver software would fail to install.  

I’m not sure why you’re looking for device driver software to install when you connect your Clip to your computer?

If you’re willing to try other music managers besides WMP, you could try MediaMonkey (my favorite) or Winamp; both have no problem with MSC.

Message Edited by PromisedPlanet on 06-12-2009 11:22 AM

Downloaded MediaMonkey but that didnt detect my mp3…thats the same problem I had with WMP…any advice on getting my mp3 to be detected with these programs?..as for the driver device software it just pops up when i plug my mp3 in on mtp mode…and then it says it failed installing

You said that your PC detected your Clip when it was in MSC mode.  Does MediaMonkey not detect your Clip when it’s in MSC mode?

If you have a problem with the MTP installation on your PC, it won’t matter what music manager program you use, none of them will be able to detect your Clip in MTP mode.

Message Edited by PromisedPlanet on 06-13-2009 05:50 PM

my bad i accedently clicked yours as the solution…but yeah in MSC mode MediaMonkey and WMP does not detect my mp3 as a media device…in, MediaMonkey to even find my mp3, i have to click the My Computer file to pull it up.

@bmoreprincess wrote:
my bad i accedently clicked yours as the solution…but yeah in MSC mode MediaMonkey and WMP does not detect my mp3 as a media device…in, MediaMonkey to even find my mp3, i have to click the My Computer file to pull it up.

WMP and Mediamonkey both work just fine with Clips and Fuzes in MSC mode. There must be something else really screwed up with your computer if it isn’t working. Try plugging it into the computer in MSC mode, with WMP on, and click on the Sync button at the top.

In MSC mode, your Clip will show up as a “Removable Disk” in MediaMonkey.

I have no idea why it wouldn’t do this if it’s showing up under “My Computer”.

Well, thanks for trying to help guys. I have no idea what the problem is. I know my computer is perfectly fine becasue the clip I had before this worked perfectly fine without me changing modes or anything until it stopped turning on, and also my sister has an Ipod and hers hooks up perfectly with the computer…im really think its the clip, but i dont know. Im just going to email customer support and see what they have to say.

Thanks again guys =)

Good luck.  Before you call them, you also may want to try doing a “Reset All”, and a “Format”.  Both of these items are on your Clip’s “Settings” menu.

@bmoreprincess wrote:

Well, thanks for trying to help guys. I have no idea what the problem is. I know my computer is perfectly fine becasue the clip I had before this worked perfectly fine without me changing modes or anything until it stopped turning on, and also my sister has an Ipod and hers hooks up perfectly with the computer…im really think its the clip, but i dont know. Im just going to email customer support and see what they have to say.

Thanks again guys =)

You’ll have better luck calling them (1-866-SANDISK in the U.S.). It can take a long time to get a response by email.