getting song ratings on the PC from clip

@johnnyz86 wrote:

If you’ve read the thread, you’d realize I don’t really mean syncing and storing song ratings - only the ability to just view them outside of the clip.  It is a bug because it is implemented, just not working.  I don’t understand why they even put the ability to assign songs a rating in the clip if there was not a purpose to it other than looking at what you just assigned ratings to.  

In order to view the ratings outside of the Clip, don’t they need to be copied via MTP from the Clip to the host computer?  Generally when this is done, changed ratings can move in either direction, hence the word “sync”.

So it seems that the Clip stores the ratings in its own internal database, but hasn’t implemented the portion of the MTP protocol that syncs (“copies”, if you prefer) the ratings to the PC.  I’m still not sure I consider this to be a bug, but, whatever.  I’d like to have it too, FWIW.

The purpose of being able to rate songs on the Clip appears to be only to dictate which songs go into the “Top Rated” list.

Message Edited by PromisedPlanet on 07-28-2009 08:53 AM