SanDisk Guru

Re: deinstitutionalize or factory restore

drlucky wrote:

WipedOut wrote:

Well it won't let me pull it down, no edit link available.  Maybe an admin can help pull it.

What exactly do you want removed from the post? We can have a moderator edit the post for you. 

I think he wants Message #27 removed from the thread as it does not apply to this player.

Tapeworm has it correct, post #27 to be removed would be great.  Thanks for your help

SanDisk Guru

The Clip+ is a fully custom player so you won't be able to load another firmware onto it. 

You can actually remove the locked down BOP firmware from the Clip+, but it is extremely complex and requires shorting out some pins on the board to expose the raw storage and then overwriting the firmware. As far as anyone is aware there is no other recovery mode available on the Clip+, although it is possible one exists that no one has found.  

SanDisk Guru

saratoga wrote:

The Clip+ is a fully custom player so you won't be able to load another firmware onto it. 

You mean the Clip+ BOP version of the Clip+, right?

SanDisk Guru

They're the same device, so either.
SanDisk Guru

Maybe I misunderstood your earlier point--as alternative firmware Rockbox can be added to the Clip+ . . . .

SanDisk Guru

I mean with respect to the "Chinese firmware" remark above. No such thing exists for the Clip+ because its a custom designed player and processor. The processor was never even sold to another company as far as I know. The reason you can download a generic firmware onto the Sport is that its not actually made by or unique to Sandisk.
SanDisk Guru

Thanks, Saratoga. You have to go a little slower for us non-programmers.

Highlighted

WipedOut

Trying 2 unlock using an Android please help