database update time ?

since i cannot see any progress bar or so to visuallise the progress if the database update is complete, also no notification if so… i wanna know how long roughly it will take for a update? for 300 tites and for 3000 titles at once

@baracus wrote:

since i cannot see any progress bar or so to visuallise the progress if the database update is complete, also no notification if so… i wanna know how long roughly it will take for a update? for 300 tites and for 3000 titles at once

There is no simple way to answer that question. It varies wildly depending on the files…how many there are, how they are tagged, size of any album art, all can have an effect.

@baracus wrote:

I have a progress bar when my database updates; is that missing for you/do you have a visual impairment?

For the amount of files you have, I’m guessing that the update will take 10-15 minutes.  But as noted above, it’s very variable, depending on your particular files and file arrangement.

I greatly dislike the database update delay–it has jammed me up in the past, not infrequently.