clip+ does not react anymore

i have a bit of a  problem

it crashes , stays in boot up screen, sometimes goes in menu view but reacts verrrry slowly, and behaves very crazy all around;  then connect to pc, the pc mostly gives error message that the connected device is faulty / cannot read ( or something)

i have reset the device by holding the power button , but no change

is there anything further i can do beside the normal reset ?

or is the thing damaged?

it was bought off ebay 2 years ago as a rechecked or revised or recalled or similar in this kind

If you can get to the Settings menu on the device there is a Format option or if you can get your computer to recognize it, you could format it there as well. That may solve the issue. Note that if you do format it, all your content will be erased (not firmware, only files you have added).

And I think the word you are looking for is “re-furbed” as is re-furbished.

yes i know i had that word in mind too

well seems it does not react, its so unresposive you cannot navigate in the menus, and connecting to the pc does not work either, the device turns on but does not show up on the pc, tried several times

the prices for the clip + are pretty stable too right? its not gonna be any lower than 4 years ago right? whats a good price?

maybe the tiny hole on the backside do something like that, reset or reformat ? i tried poking in the hole a bit but no effect

ok so far …

on front usb  : “windows could not complete formatting”

on back usb " device drivers could not be installed

after several attempts of formatting windows says it cannot recognice the device

only files in the device root :

USBSÓ=.

after another couple  failed attempts of formatting

device shows up as unallocated space so when trying to format and create a parittion in the windows manager for the device it simply says FILE NOT FOUND

@baracus wrote:

the prices for the clip + are pretty stable too right? its not gonna be any lower than 4 years ago right? whats a good price?

Actually, the prices are much, MUCH higher on used, old stock, re-furbs, etc. than what you could buy them for when they were a current model in production. Very limited supply; high demand.

@baracus wrote:

maybe the tiny hole on the backside do something like that, reset or reformat ? i tried poking in the hole a bit but no effect

Don’t poke anything into this hole! I know it looks like a reset button commonly found on other electronic devices, but it is the microphone for voice recordings!