cannot exit radio mode on sansa clip+

just got a sansa clip+ for xmas and stumbled

upon radio mode waiting for the bus today…

now i can’t get out of it!!!

tried all the options i found online

in other forums to no avail…

the bottom square button leads to

the radio menu which does not contain

a return to the previous menu option,

only these 4:

-delete preset

-auto presets

-view all presets

-recording

pressing the power button always turns

the thing off, no matter how many times or

the duration, and when i power it back up,

it’s back in radio mode.

l looked up how to remove the battery online,

but every youtube i see looks like they have

to risk damaging the device to do so.

would really like to avoid that…

beginning to think theres no way out

please help

Hitting the Home button (upper right square) toggles between the FM tuner (with the frequency number and the "dial)  and FM Radio.

It sounds like you are not hitting the Home button because you are getting the tuner options.

Use HOME to get it to FM Radio and hit the lowest center button, the one at 6 p.m…

That should go through Settings, Music, etc. Start a song in Music and you’ll be done with the radio.

If that doesn’t’ work maybe your firmware has a problem and you should manually reinstall it. The firmware installation instructions are here:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Clip-Sansa-Clip/Sansa-Clip-Firmware-01-01-35-amp-02-01-35-Release/td-p/144965

I also had this problem on my Sansa Clip+. Once in Radio mode it was impossible to exit.  I found a way which worked, but it’s far from ideal.

1. Connected the Clip+ to PC.

2. Modify the Clip memory. E.g. add a new track

3. When Clip is unplugged from the PC it will “Refresh Your Media”

4. After the refresh, Clip opens in the menu - Radio, Music, Voice, Settings, etc.

This means you need a PC connection to exit Radio mode.  THERE MUST BE A BETTER WAY!

@bazouteast wrote:

I also had this problem on my Sansa Clip+. Once in Radio mode it was impossible to exit.  I found a way which worked, but it’s far from ideal.

1. Connected the Clip+ to PC.
  1. Modify the Clip memory. E.g. add a new track
  1. When Clip is unplugged from the PC it will “Refresh Your Media”
  1. After the refresh, Clip opens in the menu - Radio, Music, Voice, Settings, etc.

This means you need a PC connection to exit Radio mode.  THERE MUST BE A BETTER WAY!

Yep–follow the instructions in the post directly above yours.   :wink: