big problems with sansa clip +

hey so i had a sansa clip + die on me a while ago and had no pc at the time to try and fix it. i have tried the holding down the power button tricks including holding th home and middle button too and they didn’t work, when i connect the devise to my new windows 7 laptop it can sense somethings there but can not find drivers for it. it tells me i have to format the device before i can use it but i have tried that a good few times to no avail. i have also tried the trick of holding down the middle button whilst connecting to the usb port which also hasn’t worked. does anyone have any ideas ? the warranty has ran out. i am currently leaving it plugged in to try and get some charge  as it has been unconnected for a while how long could it take ? am i flogging a dead horse ? or is there stil hope for this little beast ?

Possibly, this is a dead brick already if reformatting didn’t help. How’s the warranty on this?

@doncht wrote:
Possibly, this is a dead brick already if reformatting didn’t help. _ How’s the warranty on this? _

What part of “the warranty has ran out” don’t you understand? :confounded:

Now, now, now–we’re all human, after all . . . . :wink: