Windows Explorer/My Computer and the Clip

SkinJob 

“Not sure what you mean on this one.  In Winamp songs aren’t really played back directly from the library.  You add songs to the current playback queue (playlist) and Winamp plays them from there.  The current song is always highlighted in the playback queue.  There’s also a plugin where you can right-click on a song in the playback queue and jump to it in the media library, if that’s what you’re looking for”

That’s what I meant… directly from the library as opposed to a playlist. Nice that there is a plugin but why wouldn’t that be a feature default… I wonder. The player certainly has no lack of advanced features so why not a simple on such as this… 

Thanks for all the other clarifications. In hind sight it’s rather nonsensical of me to quote somebody’s elses experiences w/o first trying it out myself so forgive me. I’ll give it a go, but just not at the moment. I’m extremely happy with my current simplicity of design.

On a side note (and frankly unrelated but cool nonetheless), I just reinstalled my 3rd party BT stack because of some troubles I was having with ActiveSync over BT with my SDA and in doing so realized that I can get my smartphone to wirelessly stream music from WMP on my phone into WMP11 on my desktop which in turn is TOSLINK connected to surround sound. This is via the A2DP BT profile which is intened for wireless BT headphones (which all still sound like ■■■■ imo). I had tried this before unsucessfully and figured it would only work for headphones. But man was I ecstatic this morning to find otherwise and wonder when and if this sort of feature will be ubiquitous among all newer MP3 players (in. Sansa) expecially considering my phone is 2 plus years old so the technology is both there and cheap to produce, despite the antithesis of cutting edge functionality that is the iPod.