Will the Clip+ support the 64GB Micro SD cards?

@denmai wrote:

Thaink you <spam removed> i get this more information 
feature,descript,image thankyou.

Nice try. But while your carefully disguised spam link (in the period) is certainly clever and discrete, it is still against Forum Rules & Guidelines.

:angry:

Do note:  some people have reported issues using cards above Class 2 or 4 speed . . . .

Hi, I just acquired the higly rated Samsung 64Gb SDXC Mmicroi SD card. Did the FormatFat32 procedure. It’s working fine in the PC and is also recognized by windows explorer when the Clip plus is connected however My music does npot appear on the device.

What is the speed of the card?  See the possible speed issue directly above your post.

it’s a class 10. Should I give a try with Rockbox?

Yep, I would. I am guessing that the speed is jjust too much for the OF; with Rockbox. you likely will be fine–others have reported success.  (Or if not, there could be a card issue.)

Either that, or exchange it for a more appropriate card like a Class 4. Class 10 cards are designed for use in cameras & video, not mp3 players.

“Hi, I just acquired the higly rated Samsung 64Gb SDXC Mmicroi SD card. Did the FormatFat32 procedure. It’s working fine in the PC and is also recognized by windows explorer when the Clip plus is connected however My music does npot appear on the device.”

It might be because of exceeding the database limit, or the card is too fast. The original firmware is  only reliable with class 4 and slower cards. Installing Rockbox might solve all your problems.

@jk98 wrote:

“Hi, I just acquired the higly rated Samsung 64Gb SDXC Mmicroi SD card. Did the FormatFat32 procedure. It’s working fine in the PC and is also recognized by windows explorer when the Clip plus is connected however My music does npot appear on the device.”

It might be because of exceeding the database limit, or the card is too fast. The original firmware is  only reliable with class 4 and slower cards. Installing Rockbox might solve all your problems.

Yep, as stated above as to the card speed–typically the issue here.

Thanks so much tristanklingsor,

I know very old thread but !

I tried it for the Clip+ as well as my Fuze with the latest firmware upgrade even. It works ! It is mainly the lowlevel Fat32 formating then I used EaseUS for a quick fat32 high level format.

I used the Sandisk Ultra 64 card.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B009QZH6JS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No rockbox neccesary as well as I don’t beleive you hit the file limits if you just play folders.

Thanks again.

g

Would this work for a 128gb MicroSDXC? I have a large amount of music, and am hopeful that the price for them will drop eventually.

Maybe you can try it and tell us.

@prisoner416 wrote:

Would this work for a 128gb MicroSDXC? I have a large amount of music, and am hopeful that the price for them will drop eventually.

Yes, at least with the alternate firmware put out by Rockbox.org.  Others have reported no issue.

Note that the Clips’ original firmware database has a file listing limit–you likely would exceed the limit with a 128GB card (unless the files are large in size).  Hence, the potential advice to use Rockbox. 

Pretty rad to envision a device so small with such a huge collection of music.  Now, if only the price of the 128GB microSD card would fall . . . .  (The sweet point now seems to be with 64GB microSD cards–some great pricing out there.)

Oh, already have Rockbox… wouldn’t look back.

It would be neat if Sansa would release a new line of clip, as I refuse to buy from Apple, and the Clip+ has given me almost everything I need in a player. (The only things I wish it had was a color screen and album art display, and maybe a better mic, but for the price and size, it’s the best. Had mine for years ever since my Zen Micro died.)

I’m nowhere near being able to afford the 128 yet. However, the price should fall in a year or two.

If anyone has experience with this, what tools did you use to perform the needed formats?

The Clip Zip will give you the album art. With Rockbox, the Clip Zip is superb, much better than a Rockboxed Clip+. The larger screen is very helpful.  Without Rockbox though the Clip Zip is annoying. The Clip Zip seems to be disappearing though, so my advice is to get at least one while you still can. 

It is a pity that there probably won’t be Rockbox for the Clip Sport. The longer battery life and larger screen would make it my favorite Sandisk player if only it had Rockbox. Without Rockbox though the Clip Sport is rather mediocre, and keeps card memory separate from internal memory.

@prisoner416 wrote:

If anyone has experience with this, what tools did you use to perform the needed formats?

Guiformat is the program I’ve read people have the most success with.

Currently using a 64GB micro sdxc on my 4GB Clip+. loving it!

Same goes for me. It’s fast and most of all, reliable! Good job by the developers.

Hi there I just bought a 64Gb micro SD card and it isn’t being friendly with my Sansa Clip, is there anyway you could help me out with this?

@ki3ran wrote:

Hi there I just bought a 64Gb micro SD card and it isn’t being friendly with my Sansa Clip, is there anyway you could help me out with this?

Have you re-formatted it to FAT32 as is necessary for it to work with SanDisk players and mentioned earlier in this thread?