Will a Class 10 32gb microsd work in my clip+

Patriot, Wintec and Lexar have released 32GB class 10 microsd cards, I was wondering if these cards are compatible.

Wintec is the least expensive on newegg. Patriot being a bit more, I think it’s a bit faster than the Wintec. I have an 8gb wintec filemate microsd from 2007-8 that still works, hopefully their new 32gb is as good.

If the clip+ isn’t compatible with Class 10, I might order a 32gb dane elec class 4 from J&R, which is $64.

@xexex wrote:

Patriot, Wintec and Lexar have released 32GB class 10 microsd cards, I was wondering if these cards are compatible.

Wintec is the least expensive on newegg. Patriot being a bit more, I think it’s a bit faster than the Wintec. I have an 8gb wintec filemate microsd from 2007-8 that still works, hopefully their new 32gb is as good.

If the clip+ isn’t compatible with Class 10, I might order a 32gb dane elec class 4 from J&R, which is $64.

Even if it does work, the only time you’d notice the extra speed of the card is if you loaded the card in an external card reader, I believe…so is it worth the extra money for that?

Yes, the 32GB microSDHC cards will work with the Fuze+.  Just be careful that you purchase them from a known supplier (absolutely refrain from eBay!) as there are plenty of counterfeits out there.  32GB is a tasty target for fake cards.

I like the SanDisk cards, as they have a five year warranty.

As far as the speed class, a class 2 or 4 will suffice, as the read / write speed isn’t as critical as in a digital camera.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

The fuze’s read/write speed is about 4 mbyte/s with a class 6 card.  I’m guessing that the clip+ wouldn’t be any different in that regard.

That’s a great price for the Dane Elec card.

I’ve read in a few places that despite what J and R shows, their card is a Class 2 card.  Of course, that still will work with your Clip.

Where you may note a speed increase with a greater than Class 2 card and your Clip is in the loading (not playing) of files to and from the card, as the Clip will go up to, I have read, a Class 4 card speed for that.  And so a Class 4 card may help you some there, although a Class 2 card works just fine.