Which Sansa is best for Audio Books?

Hi - I’m brand new to the forum so ‘hello’ to everybody and I hope you can help me!

Not only am I new to the forum I’m new to the world of MP3 players - I never thought I would want one, but I’ve decided that I do - not particularly for music but for audio books.

Having narrowed down my choice of player to a Sandisk, I would be glad to have some advice as to which is the better of a Clip+ and Fuze+ for audio books?  

TIA 

Clip+ definitely.

Thank you.  Is there a because…?

Just my opinion. If I were you though, I’d browse though the Fuze+ board and maybe use the Search box on both boards for “audio books” and see what comes up; I know there have been tons of discussions. This way you can get some valuable insight from others and an idea of what to expect from both players. :smiley:

Many thanks - my final question (for now anyway) - if I can use bookmarks on the Clip+ I have found the answer for.

I’ll beg your indulgence for future questions though if I may - reading through all the discussions on here just illustrates how little I know and understand - it might get better once I have my Clip+ (yes, I’ve decided) in front of me - but I somehow doubt it.:kissing_cat: 

@sadie wrote:

Many thanks - my final question (for now anyway) - if I can use bookmarks on the Clip+ I have found the answer for.

_ I’ll beg your indulgence for future questions though if I may _ - reading through all the discussions on here just illustrates how little I know and understand - it might get better once I have my Clip+ (yes, I’ve decided) in front of me - but I somehow doubt it.:kissing_cat: 

No worries, that’s what we’re here for. I know It all feel pretty overwhelming and intimidating when you just get started with these things, but this forum is a great resource to learning things that aren’t in the manual. :wink:

Welcome to the forum, and feel free to ask about anything you don’t understand. I’m sure you’ll love your new Clip+!

I bought my Sandisk SansaClip+ over a year ago, and it’s great for audio books.

WITH ONE EXCEPTION …

This-morning I sat down and pressed the ‘start’ button, and nothing could be heard. I’ve been listening to very long books for weeks now, and having to recharge daily; but had not had any problems before now.

No audio,

And here’s the problem: I ca’t get back to where I was. As this book is divided into roughly 8-hour segments, I am going to have to go back to the beginning of this 3rd segment and let is play for nearly 8 hours in order to regain my place.

This is a **bleep**ty thing to have to do, as I’ll have to recharge all over again.

And I don’t even know if the audio will play THEN.

Perhaps the question is going to have to be WHICH IS THE BEST .MP3 PLAYER FOR AUDIO BOOKS ? - in the hope that some manufacturer somewhere has kept we booklovers in mind.

@marg1e wrote:

I ca’t get back to where I was. As this book is divided into roughly 8-hour segments, _ I am going to have to go back to the beginning of this 3rd segment and let is play for nearly 8 hours in order to regain my place. _

Can’t you use the fast-forward to get back to your place in the file? :confounded:

The fast forward takes me to the beginning of the next 8-hour(ish) segment.

That’s why I say that no manufacturer is giving the slightest thought to any audio book listener - just to music track listeners.

If you press _ and hold _ the FF button, it should fast-forward through whatever file it is playing. A short press jumps to the next file.