Waiting: Sansa Clip Zip 4GB is busy.

I opened the SanDisk folder and my computer’s songs folder. I clicked and dragged a music file from my PC to the Music folder in the Internal Memory folder, but this message popped up:

Copying…

Waiting: Sansa Clip Zip 4GB is busy.

It’s been that way for minutes now. What’s going on? How could I fix it?

Thanks.

Unplug, switch your player’s USB Mode to MSC and try it again.

And btw, this is the board for the Clip/Clip+ players. The Clip Zip has it’s own board. :wink:

How do you switch to MSC?  I’ve been using the MP3 for a long time & have never had this issue.  I just installed Windows & Word 10.  Could this be the problem?

Can’t correct the issue.

Thanks

@jules51 wrote:

How do you switch to MSC? 

Settings > System Settings > USB mode

I have had the same problem. I also upgraded my computer from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. After the upgrade I noticed that if I tried to transfer my files on Sansa Clip from the eaudiobooks folder to the audiobooks folder I got the message Sansa Clip is Busy.

I followed the advice and switched mode from the mode I was using Windows 8.1 to the other mode. This did not work.

Finally I got an idea. I took and Sansa Clip and attached it to a computer running Windows 7. I was able to transfer the files from EAaudiobooks to Audiobooks.

Please note that I did send an email to Sansa Support and as of a week ago, I received no reply.

I also want to add that no GURU has replied either!!!

How did the mode switch work for you?

It didn’t work for me!!!

I was able to transfer the files on the Sansa Clip by using a computer with Windows 7 as an operating system. Prior to my upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, I was able to transfer the files without getting the Sansa Clip is busy message.

If I can’t solve your problem I usually don’t reply. 

I’d suggest contacting SanDisk directly in real time.

https://www.sandisk.com/about/contact

1 Like