Volume settings won't lower in Radio Mode

I have a new 4gb Clip+ which has a weird volume problem:

The volume works fine with songs, however with the radio, it cannot go to the same low volume level it does with songs,

ie I can raise the volume to a loud level, but it won’t lower past a mid-point level, even though the indicator shows it is ‘lower’. If I continue to press it, it goes into the ‘mute’ level, like it does with the music setting.

This must be a software problem (version v.01.02.09A). How do I correct this? Thanks

Hey, I was able to fix the problem… sorry for the posting

I upgraded the software to the current version & the volume works properly!

This was an issue with the firmware that came originally from the factory. As you discovered, upgrading the firmware with the latest version solved the problem.

I upgraded to the latest version, and have no difference between Normal and High at all…both are too low to hear anywhere other than in a silent room.   How do you change the volume in the Radio vs the Music area?   I have found no  volume controls at all, no way to lower or raise volume anywhere.   Only Normal and High… and no other way to change volume to be lower (although in my case, I just want it high enough to actually HEAR, which so far, I am not able to do, even with my car stereo volume on MAX)

@sunny1 wrote:

I upgraded to the latest version, and have no difference between Normal and High at all…both are too low to hear anywhere other than in a silent room.   How do you change the volume in the Radio vs the Music area?   I have found no  volume controls at all, no way to lower or raise volume anywhere.   Only Normal and High… and no other way to change volume to be lower (although in my case, I just want it high enough to actually HEAR, which so far, I am not able to do, even with my car stereo volume on MAX)

If the volume rocker button on the left side of the clip+ isn’t working, then you should return/exchange to the seller if it’s still in the return time period, otherwise, contact Sandisk tech support for an RMA.