Vertical yellow/blue line across my sansa clip+

Just got it a week ago.  Works great.  But after disconnecting it after recharging, this thing pops up and stays there.

http://img13.imageshack.us/i/sansaclip.jpg/

Sorry for the quality, but I think you get the idea.

You have to ask? :dizzy_face:

It’s defective . . . take (or send) it back!

There’s absolutely nothing you, as a user can do to fix a hardware problem like this.

You might try reapplying the firmware first.  It could be a firmware corruption issue (although this seems unlikely–but it’s easy to check out).  See the firmware upgrade sticky thread at the top of the forum.

It was like that before I hadded the new firmware.  It seems to be a cosmetic issue.  Besides that, the Sansa still works just fine.  Plus, I got a $20 discount for it.:smiley:

I really don’t want to return it back, but if I have to, then o well.

Firmware can become corrupted.  I’d try reapplying the firmware.

Meh, it’s still there.  Don’t know if it matters much or not.

sry for putting the solved sign in there

@miikerman wrote:

Why or how can firmware become corrupted?

Short of heavy radiation or something else crazy there’s very little chance of such a thing. 

Message Edited by 7o9 on 07-06-2010 01:26 AM

disk581 wrote:
sry for putting the solved sign in there

You, as the OP (original poster) can change that. Options, upper right-hand corner of post.

I still say the OLED screen is hosed. Take it back. $20 is not enough conpensation to live with it as-is. If they give you a 100% discount, maybe.

6 months or a year down the road looking at this defect every day, you’ll wish you had gotten a good one. :wink:

7o9 wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

Why or how can firmware become corrupted?

Short of heavy radiation or something else crazy there’s very little chance of such a thing. 

Message Edited by 7o9 on 07-06-2010 01:26 AM

And yet, it happens.

disk581 wrote:
It was like that before I hadded the new firmware.  It seems to be a cosmetic issue.  Besides that, the Sansa still works just fine.  Plus, I got a $20 discount for it.:smiley:

I really don’t want to return it back, but if I have to, then o well.

Since the Clip+ is under a year old, your player still is under warranty and SanDisk should replace it if you contact them.  At least in the U.S., they even cover postage both ways …