Trying to get music off super old sansa clip that has a busted screen

Okay. I have an old sansa clip that I used for several years as a dishwasher, and for one summer when I had a paper route. One morning I dropped it on the pavement, and since the screen stopped displaying anything.

That was a couple years ago. I have since gotten another mp3 player as a gift. What I’m trying to do is to get all the music off my old sansa clip and put it on my new player, but my computer will not recognize the old sansa clip when I plug it in (I get that stupid this device has malfunctioned notice when I plug it in).

The player appears to have charged just fine, and still plays music. But it was used a lot when I washed dishes, and has been taken to the beach, I used to wear it when I went to bed, and everything. I did not treat it lightly.

I suppose what my question is is this. Are there things I could try to get the music off the mp3 player, like maybe trying a different usb cable or port, or trying to use another computer? Or am I just out of luck here?

PS: I have an old **bleep**ty computer that has windows XP

And yes, as a first matter, try a different cable, and/or port, and/or even computer. Hopefully, that will work to let you get at the music and move it to your computer.

@bluesilver wrote:

Okay. I have an old sansa clip that I used for several years as a dishwasher . . .

I didn’t know the Clip could be used for this. What a multi-tasker! How is it on greasy pots and pans? :stuck_out_tongue:

@bluesilver wrote:

I used to wear it when I went to bed, and everything. I did not treat it lightly.

Please spare us the details. The mental image is already disturbing enough. :dizzy_face: :flushed:

@bluesilver wrote:

PS: I have an old **bleep**ty computer that has windows XP

I have an old **bleep**ty computer that has Windows XP too. There’s nothing wrong with that. XP was one of the best OS’s Micro$oft ever put out. :smiley:

I prefer window 7 but try to avoid window 8. I use whatever came loaded on the machine and only keep it up to date on tha os. I’m now running windows 7 professional on a new machine.